Who Bends Bolt Handles in Middle, TN

I've got a Mauser M48 bolt body that needs to have it's handle turned a few more degrees down so it can clear a ZRAK scope and mounts setup. No idea who does this and  I'm not looking for some boutique  hunting rifle gunsmith just a heat and bend a scooch.  I'm just north of Nashville.

Edited by GS455
  • GS455 changed the title to Who Bends Bolts in Middle, TN
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• GS455 changed the title to Who Bends Bolt Handles in Middle, TN
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DRD said:

Not sure about anyone who does bolt turning in Middle Tennesse, but I would highly recommend Jim the Bolt Man. He did the bolt on my sporterized Yugo Capture K98 some time ago, and he is excellent and not overly expensive.

The Boltman (angelfire.com)

I'll check him out. Do you know if he drill and taps receivers as well?  Trying to avoid shipping the whole gun that's why I was hoping for someone local.

Edited by GS455
17 hours ago, GS455 said:

I'll check him out. Do you know if he drill and taps receivers as well?  Trying to avoid shipping the whole gun that's why I was hoping for someone local.

I do not think he drills and taps receivers.  If you decide to use him, you would just send him the bolt.  He has a few options depending on what you want.

https://imgur.com/a/mIrSmMw

https://imgur.com/a/5WQyuWD

Here is my bent bolt.

I had a gunsmith install a one-piece Leupold base and extra high Leupold rings.  With the stock three position original safety, the safety does not clear the scope to go into the right most position (safety on & bolt locked).  The best fix would be installing a Winchester type two position horizontal safety, but good ones are not cheap.  So I live with it.

Edited by DRD