Musings on ammo hoarding

First off, there is a difference between hoarders and profiteers.

I have been building my stash since I saw ammo prices going up in 06, and again in the winter of 07 and sproing of 08. I considered this good planing, looking for the future, whatever you want to call it. now I have a very good supply, but I do still buy ammo when I find a good deal. I didnt start buying ammo cases at a time, but boxes. Most of the people now who are griping about the prices now are the same ones who asked me why I was buying Bricks of Wolf Match Extra from Widners, then shook their heads and said I was crazy for buying up all that ammo when I could be putting that money in stocks, or Money markets or IRA's. I would laugh and tell them that I was investing in "precious metals"

I doon't sell ammo on here, or GB, or anywhere else, but if I did, I would get fair market price for it. If WW is charging $20 for WWB .45 ACP FMJ, then I would sell them for at least that, as would anybody else reading this, Even if it has a sticker saying $12 on it. Thats the investment in "precious metals" paying off. But again I dont sell ammo.

I agree with everybody else here, hoarders and seekers alike, that gthe guys who are buying up all the ammo at WW, then selling it at a big markup online, are bad for the situation. But now peolpe are becoming "glad" that WW is going to limit purchases to 2-4 boxes. How "glad " will you be if WW adopts that as a policy that never goes away, even when ammo is plentiful again?

If you do feel the need to get on the board and complain about the price and availability of ammo, please change your avatar from your dresser harley, collectable , muscle, or pimped out car, 26' Searay ski boat, timeshare in G'Burg, your 12 ARs, 25 Sigs or whatever. Nuff said on that one.

I really do feel for ya'll who didnt have the vision, money, ability, or sense to stock up when the prices were good. I also feel for the guys who do have the vision, money, ability, or sense to stock up and are now having to slow down from their diet of 250-500 rounds a week since ammo went up. :uck was with me, and by using a budget, good planning, amd reading the news and making up my own decisions about what things mean, I can keep on shooting for a while. Please dont hate me for not believing everything I read in the rag in Knoxville that everybody calls a paper.

LOL I really didnt mean for this to get so long, so *RANT OFF*, So I will close this by saying,

Dont hate the hoarder, hate the game.

You know its hard out here for a hoarder

This hoarding will turn you into a sexual Tyrannousaurus

He didnt hit you, he hoarded you, and hoarding, son, thats racing

1 box af 230gr S&B .45 ACP FMJ to whoever in the Knoxville area can identify the movies and actors that I cannibalized those lones from.

Answers Sunday

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 box af 230gr S&B .45 ACP FMJ to whoever in the Knoxville area can identify the movies and actors that I cannibalized those lones from.

"Dont hate the hoarder, hate the game."

Joey Gilbert from the Contender

"He didnt hit you, he hoarded you, and hoarding, son, thats racing"

Days of thunder

Robert Duvall playing Harry Hogge used the rubbing line first, later on Cruise used it too.

I give up on the two others,

Can I have half a box?

Edited by Mike.357
Guest Astra900

It all boils down to the same thing that has stood the test of time; The "Have Not's" hate the "Have's" It's not just ammo, if you have an abundance of ANYTHING some whinny, chicken :D, pansy will cry how it's not fair that they don't have anything and the other guy does. It makes as much sense as me complaining about Bill Gates having loads of $$$ and I'm broke. It's so senseless to waste time complaining because you didn't save enough nuts for winter.:)

Dont hate the hoarder, hate the game.

Will snith - Bad Boyz 2

You know its hard out here for a hoarder

Terance Howard - Hustle and Flow

This hoarding will turn you into a sexual Tyrannousaurus

Jesse Ventura - Predator

He didnt hit you, he hoarded you, and hoarding, son, thats racing

Robert Duvall - Days of Thunder

Mike.357 I owe you a box of .45

...and almost want to give ya another one after reading your rant on a certain ammo profiteering butthead on another TN website. LOL