Vehicle holster?

OK guys....my HCP is in process and I got to thinking about carrying in my truck....

Have any of you all "mounted" a holster in your vehicle?

I was thinking...if I am seated...in my truck...and need my weapon....where would it be MOST handy....just thinking...any ideas?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about a vehicle holster, but I keep my pistol in one of 2 places: on my hip or in my center console. The hip location is easy to get to. I wear my pistol on my left side. My phone is normally on my right. In my case, this makes for a cross-draw. Some people don;t like this, but it works fine for me. As for the center console, if I am ever robbed, I will tell the BG that my wallet is in there....then boom. Either way, it depends on how I feel that day and what clothes I'm wearing.

Guest abailey362

I've seen some pics where a guy took a freebie XD gear hoster and a strap of leather and mounted it to the left side of the hump in the center of his trunk. What kind of gun will this be for?

Guest abailey362

also, I could see a cross draw being an advantage in a car jacking, just not a good way to carry at other times because of sweeping when you draw

I've seen some pics where a guy took a freebie XD gear hoster and a strap of leather and mounted it to the left side of the hump in the center of his trunk. What kind of gun will this be for?

More than likely it would be for my 1911 .45....or a similarly sized 9mm

I took a cheap Uncle Mikes holster and zip tied it to my Seat frame between my seat and the center console. Handle facing up and muzzle pointing to the rear of the car. It allows easy access and does not show when you walk by and look in, like the Sidekick would. I can put a Sub compact all the way to a fullsize. Over all it works nice. I'll try and snap a few pictures when the monsoon lets up.

I took a cheap Uncle Mikes holster and zip tied it to my Seat frame between my seat and the center console. Handle facing up and muzzle pointing to the rear of the car. It allows easy access and does not show when you walk by and look in, like the Sidekick would. I can put a Sub compact all the way to a fullsize. Over all it works nice. I'll try and snap a few pictures when the monsoon lets up.

Kewl!!!...thanks

I know everybody is talking about a pistol holster but I took a rifle case...one of the soft zip up ones cut the handles off and screwed it to the underside of the rear shelf where the speakers are...when you open the trunk you cant see it and usually it has a 12 gauge pump in it or a lever 30/30, also when the seats folded down you cant see it.

I know everybody is talking about a pistol holster but I took a rifle case...one of the soft zip up ones cut the handles off and screwed it to the underside of the rear shelf where the speakers are...when you open the trunk you cant see it and usually it has a 12 gauge pump in it or a lever 30/30, also when the seats folded down you cant see it.

Thats an interesting idea....I like.

I used to have a really neat setup in my truck, and I may be going back to that shortly. I bought the 4" adhesive-backed velcro patches at Wal-Mart, and I stuck 2 of the "hook" patches (vertically) to the bottom-right corner of the panel under my steering column. I then attached a 5.11 brand BBS holster (basically just a universal nylon pouch covered in "loop" velcro) to this "mount", and I was done. I found that this rig gave me quick access with my shooting hand and surprisingly good concealment. My passengers didn't even notice I had a gun in front of me unless I pointed it out to them.

The only drawback to this setup was that the factory adhesive backing on the velcro patches was not perfect. In really hot or really cold weather, the patches would start to lose their adhesiveness under the weight of the gun and pull away from the dash panel. I finally scrapped the rig when I found it lying in the floorboard one bitterly cold winter morning.

Still, it was an awfully convenient setup, and I've been contemplating upgrading it by simply running small mounting bolts through the corners of the patches. Now, if I can just find the nerve to drill through my panel...

Oh, and I should also mention that I had another velcro "mount" on the left side of the steering column panel to which I attached either a 5.11 BBS flashlight pouch (for one of my Surefire G2's) or 5.11 BBS dual-mag pouch. I always felt VERY confident while driving. :tough:

Guest 2HOW

Always keep your weapon on your person. If you have to bail or get in a wreck your weapon will not be secured if its not on your person. A second weapon is not a bad idea, but your primary should be secured on your body.

Always keep your weapon on your person. If you have to bail or get in a wreck your weapon will not be secured if its not on your person. A second weapon is not a bad idea, but your primary should be secured on your body.

I understand that line of thinking......but.....if im seat-belted in....how am i supposed to get my gun out of my pants(holster) quickly and easily?....or is that not going to be a problem?...I'm not arguing or saying it can't be done.....I just honestly don't know....I havent even bought my carry holster yet.....

I bought a S&W Model 10 to keep in the truck. But it still goes with me in the house & into work. I also have my XD on my side & the bug in my pocket.

I thought the same about haveing a seat belt on & trying to get to my XD.

When I ran across the model 10 tradeins that seemed like everyone in the state was selling I had to have one for the truck.