Be Grateful To Live In TN. Read What You Have To Do In Maryland To Get A Permit.

Here is a link to a Carrol County Newspaper in Maryland detailing the difficulty to obtain a CCW Permit. As aggravated as I get with some of the problems with Tenn. Handgun Permit rules, I sure am glad we live here after reading this. Click on the link for the whole story. (Not too long)

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles/2007/08/05/news/local_news/newstory1.txt

Reason to carryspace.gifBy Heather Cobun, Times Staff Writer Sunday, August 05, 2007space.gifspace.gifnewstory1.jpgKen Koons/Staff Photo

Sara Duley, who works in Mount Airy, has had her handgun-carrying permit for about a year. In some states, the right to carry a firearm is guaranteed; in Maryland, you need to establish a reason.

Maryland law requires a “good and substantial reason†for residents to be given a handgun permit, or what other states call a concealed weapons permit, that allows them to wear, carry or transport a handgun outside their property.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigBoostDSM

I came here from IL, so I don't take the right to carry for granted.

Not saying TN can't improve, but we've got it pretty good at this point.

Guest CrazyLincoln
Permits granted for work purposes may have to be reissued earlier than the date of expiration if the employee changes jobs but still needs the permit. The permit holder has 30 days to submit new proof of employment.

What the...? Well, let's hang me in a noose of red tape while we're at it.

I came here from IL, so I don't take the right to carry for granted.

Not saying TN can't improve, but we've got it pretty good at this point.

You have exactly the same right to carry in Illinois as you have in Tennessee.

But yea, even the Maryland laws would be a step in the right direction for Illinois. :)