New guy from KY

Guest NELSON

Guest NELSON

Well figured I would introduce myself. I hope you guys aren't too bias about Ky guys. I am in Murray right now going to school and have been reading on the site for a while. I really like what you guys have going here. I wouldn't mind having a board like this for Kentucky. If there is one that I have yet to find please let me know.

I started shooting when I was 9 years old and have been pretty active since. I was in the 4-H Shooting Sports program from 11-19. I shot in their competitions and became certified as an instructor for them. I have now taken a turn to more defensive pistol. Nothing formal just my own research and drills.

Thats about all for now, just wanted to introduce myself a little before I began posting much.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are lots of historical connections between Murray State and TN, ask someone on the debate team who Ruby Krider is, for example. So, y'all are more than welcome in a TN forum. Plus I would imagine a fair portion of Murray's undergrads hail from TN, I know I sent some students there every now and then.

However, I will root against you when you play Austin Peay in hoops.

Welcome to TGO!

Hey!! My wife is from Ky.. :drool: so no grudge here! welcome to the forum!

Like you, my wife became aqainted with firearms through a school course. She took hunters' safety and likeminded courses in school. She LOVES to shoot (trust me, you wouldn't want to buy her ammo) and is quite good at it. Now if I can just get her FAL built, I'll be ok.....

Guest NELSON

I have considered trying a few IDPA events but need to look into it a little more. I own 3 handguns a Taurus PT111 Pro, Taurus Model 85UL, and a Smith 22A. The Smith is my target gun that I have had since I was 13, but the other two are for more up close and personal. The PT111 typically stays at the house and the revolver goes with me. Depending on where and when.

I am in the process of teaching my girlfriend to shoot. She hated guns when we first started seeing each other, and was kind of scared when she found out I carried all the time. Got her to the range and now she begs to go back. Have been looking to get her a P32 for her apartment and to carry after she gets her CCDW. Have to get rid of a shotgun first though. It will be in the for sale section, if I dont have any luck selling it local. I know how hard it it to sell being the new guy,or to buy from a new guy for that matter.