HB0962 and the Senate

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HexHead
The original House bill did not have the curfew in it. See here.

The final version does not have the age-restricted venue or curfew in it. The summary on the bills main page is reflective of the bill as introduced and has not been changed.

I'm really not sure what else to say or do to dispel any fears of what is being voted on.

Okay, I see now that the original House bill had the age restriction, but not the curfew. Thanks for clearing that up. :(

Guest HexHead
Wow, you really aren't a 'glass is half full' kind of guy are you? The curfew wasn't in the bill's summary which is what was quoted. They're not trying to sneak something in, the bill is running it's course. We've cleared the toughest hurdle, the House. Stop looking for the boogey man and let the process happen.

No, I just have a healthy distrust of politicians. I don't doubt for a moment they would screw us over if there's anything in it for themselves. Just look at the crap Washington slips into bills when nobody's paying attention.

Don't forget, we thought we cleared the toughest hurdle when the Republicans took control of the House and Mumpower was a "done deal" for Speaker too. Fortunately, Williams seems to be working out better than anyone expected. But he could have been "Naifeh Lite".

Edited by HexHead
Guest TEBISH

Looks like we're coming up on a vote this morning. It's listed as the first thing on the message calendar for 5/14/09 now. Right? Anybody gonna watch and post results?

Guest db99wj

Hope they hit the message calendar before the regular, there are 43 items on the regular. Javaguy said that message will come after, I hope he is wrong! ;)

I will be watching, hopefully, work won't get in the way! I will try to post up some.

Edited by db99wj

I have always seen them go exactly as it is listed on the Senate Floor Calendar page that is next to the video screen. If that's the case it should be the 5th item.

I guess 9am doesn't really mean 9am.

OK here they go.

Guest db99wj

Update: Took for ever, 8-9 minutes past for the video to come up, still no sound at 11 minutes after, they are standing and sitting around talking...some body has a big asss hat.

Just called to order, 12 minutes after.

The rest of my posts will not be as detailed, they are going to honor, recognize each others 3rd cousins girlfriends moms children that are there today.

That lady has a big ass hat I tellya what!

Guest db99wj

This senator, not sure who, is talking about how good this bill is, how other states done't have the restrictions that were proposed, that it was a futil attempt to make gun free zones, that gun permit holders are good guys, permit holders that committed crimes felonies in 2008 that were revoked (two hundred something) were 12 ten-thousandths of 1% of permit holders, Like 362 suspended, for other stuff like no child support 16 10-thousandths of 1% of people fell into this. 28 10-thousandths of 1% total of permits were suspended or revoked. Basically we are law abiding citizens.

Guest db99wj

Sen Jackson basically said something like police association thoughts when it originially passed never happeneed

Sen Kyle brought up the open record issue, if it was not open, we wouldn't have had the numbers Jackson said today.

Guest db99wj

Sen Paul Stanley Reminding that the responsible holders are the same ones in the Walmart checkout line, fast food restaruants and other lines everywhere are carrying, protecting themselves and not causing any problems(This is my argument that I stated to my letter to him! He used my thoughts!!!!!) Sorry, tooting my own horn here

Guest db99wj

Sen Jackson: Telling the story from the Call from our own member, Nicole Gozzert story, in another thread

Edited by db99wj