Who's going to the gun show this weekend?

Guest GlocKingTN

Guest GlocKingTN

The wife and I thought about driving to Nashville tonight and getting a room, and going to the gunshow tomorrow. Anyone else plan on attending? Maybe we could get together tonight or tomorrow for lunch or dinner or something! We havent made our minds up for sure, but are seriously considering it! And a small nashville meet or something would only make it easier to decide.:up:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:popcorn:I went Sunday with a buddy from work. We spent 3 hours walking the aisles. :up:Normally at these kinds of things I like to see it all and then go back to it if something interested me.

At about the fifth table we looked at a guy had some reloading stuff on hand. All of it looked used, nothing NIB. I have been working my thought process to start loading but have not bought the first component yet. He had a lot of dies and then in a box similar to a die box I found Lee Loader in .357 Mag:cool:, he also had one in .308. I looked at the Lee Loader as I had seen one on a website before but the picture was not large enough to really see anything. It is complete for handloading rounds aside from a caliper.

Only $10 bucks. I have seen them at Graff's for $20 and Cabelas has them for $15, of course they will charge shipping. $10 seemed like a steal on something I wanted anyway so I broke my rule of looking at all first and picked it up. :DCan't wait to get supplies and a caliper and try it out. Mostly I see having it as a way to try out loading and see exactly for myself how much I may save by doing it, without laying out $300 or more just for start up. If it is a enough of a money saver I can always upgrade.

I was also on the look out for grips for a 1911. My RIA is a nice gun but the grips stink. I found several ranging from $50 and higher to cheapo Colt copies for $10. I picked up a pair of black, checkered, hard rubber grips for $15. They also had a set of brown checkered for $20 and the guy offered them both to me for $25. I did not care for the brown ones particularly and saved the extra $10 for something else. The new grips were just the ticket. They feel/handle awesome and make the gun look better than it did.

I Took the $10 I saved and went back to where a lady was selling gun-rugs. $4 apiece, two for $7 and three for $10. I bought two for $7 and ended up coming back with three bucks in my gun funds. :P:woohoo:Woohoo!

The best part of the day might have been before we went in the door. I was walking to my buddies truck and a man was talking at him. I promptly asked if the man in the truck(my buddy) giving him trouble and offered to yank him out and kick his ass:bowrofl:. I crack me up, the man just looked at me kind of startled, then my friend(who stepped out of the truck)and I just started laughing. Seems the man had some extra free passes to the show and gave us each one!

It was a great day and we topped it off by coming back to the house and shooting off a couple hundred rounds. 50 of which were Wolf .45ACP I picked up with the $10 bucks the free pass saved us on admission.

I love gun shows:up:

Mike, I've used the lee loader, and it can be a hoot. Really gets some odd looks if you start reloading at the firing bench.

Bolt action only, of course, as it only neck sizes the case, but if you are working up an accuracy load, it can come in handy. Once you've got the load development done, it is more worthwhile for the laugh value, I think...

Watch out seating primers, though. I've had one or two go bang while seating, for some reason...

Bolt action only, of course, as it only neck sizes the case,

That is why I was pleased by finding one in .357. If I am wrong correct me but case stretching only happens with auto-loaders???, being the cases from .357/.38specials I will reload are fired from a revolver and then only need the neck resizing.

If need be I will pick up a trimming tool as I will need it at some point for other calibers I hope to reload in the future.

I kind of assumed to be extra careful when priming as it involves a wack with a mallet to seat them. Hopefully with care I can keep the sudden bangs to a minimum.

Thanks for the input Mark.