Mossberg Maverick part 2

Guest benchpresspower

Guest benchpresspower

Well I completed my conversion of my Mossberg Maverick. The forearm tube turned out to not be much of a problem as I thought it would be. Also, installed pistol grip, pistol grip foreend, Marine coat heat shield, and a six shell side saddle. As soon as I can get the wife to show me how to upload pics I will post some. It may sound odd that I didn't go with the blued heat shield but I dunno I thought the contrast in color gave it a nice touch.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest benchpresspower

I ordered the forend tube for a Mossberg 500 from gunbroker.com. Disassembled the Maverick (i.e. removed the barrel, trigger assembly, etc.) the rods on the forend as well as just about the rest of the whole gun is the same as the 500. Took the synthetic off and replaced with the steel tube, slipped the grip over the tube and tightened down the forend nut. Not a hard process at all.

Guest tnjimbob

I also have a "Mexican Mossberg" and I have been wondering if anyone had swapped a forend out & if there were any other mods worth doing. Looking forward to your finished pics.:lol:

Guest benchpresspower
WHat forend did you go with? How much was all this?

All pieces came to about 130 bux. Both the pistol grip and the pistol grip forend ($20 each) and six shell side saddle ($30) are Tac Star. The heat shield ($30) is from Mossberg. The guy sold me the forend tube off gunbroker for ($30).

Guest benchpresspower
I also have a "Mexican Mossberg" and I have been wondering if anyone had swapped a forend out & if there were any other mods worth doing. Looking forward to your finished pics.:lol:

The forend is the only one I am aware of. The Maverick and 500 are basically the same gun. There may be more mods for it but I am not sure.

Guest benchpresspower

Did notice that the forend does wobble. I believe that is due to the fact the Tac Star forend is just a hair bit larger in diameter than the tube you slide it on but not large enough to brace itself as maybe a wooden forearm would be able to.