Anybody ever visited Lexington SC?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to live there. Had 10 acres on Lake Murray with my own boat ramp and dock. And yep, not much going on there other than the lake. If you go a few miles to Columbia, there's a decent museum and a pretty good live music scene as is usual around a college town. Used to see Hootie and the Blowfish before they were big.

Now, dare I say it....if were a different time of the year, and you were a Gamecocks fan...

I am station at Ft Jackson which is about 20 miles away in Coulmbia. Columbia is the state capitol and there is a pretty good nightlife section in two places. I have lived in South Carolina before and am a devout Gamecock fan. It is a nice area to live in.

What are you looking for?

Now if school was in Columbia is a different place.

Sorry, no good strip clubs as I remember.

Not really looking for "night life" although a good place to shoot pool or strippers is always nice though!

Any kind of scenery,monuments,or any thing like that?

The area known as Five Points is the old district in Columbia. The new area is called the Vista down by the river which there are three which run through down town.

I would just google Columbia and see what you can find. The museums are also down by the Vista. Up by Lexington a nice area was a town called Irmo. I have not made it up there since I have been back.

Guest kerstuff

I can tell I'm twice the age of you guys. I guess I'm past the titty bars and such. I'm more into the historical, scenery and food! Can't believe you all haven't mentiond "Q"! Lexington is the site of a big BBQ festival every year.

Lexington Barbecue, Lexington, NC:tinfoil:

Think Homer Simpson voice------Mmmmmmm, BBQ! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

I can tell I'm twice the age of you guys. I guess I'm past the titty bars and such. I'm more into the historical, scenery and food! Can't believe you all haven't mentiond "Q"! Lexington is the site of a big BBQ festival every year.

Lexington Barbecue, Lexington, NC:tinfoil:

Think Homer Simpson voice------Mmmmmmm, BBQ! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Actually, I believe I've got a few years on you. Maurice's BBQ in Lexington is pretty good I'm just not nuts about the mustard based sauce they use in those parts. I'm a west NC boy and prefer the red over the yellow.

Same here as far as age goes. I am in my 34Th year in the Army. The first time I was

in the Columbia/Lexington, SC area was as a Drill Sergeant here 27 years ago.

The area is really nice but I just like Tennessee better after 10 years and my new Family being there. But I would like to buy a place here for when I retire. Two hours from the beach and two hours from skiing in the mountains.

Guest abailey362
Not really looking for "night life" although a good place to shoot pool or strippers is always nice though!

Any kind of scenery,monuments,or any thing like that?

if you are looking to shoot hookers, maybe you should be a bit more discreet :)

Nothing in Lexington, other than the aforementioned Lexington BBQ. The north side of Columbia seems to be more active, near the mall and Harbison Blvd. USC campus is nice for walking, during the day; especially on the side nearest downtown. Take time to stop by Maurice's BBQ and pick up some literature if nothing else. Maurice is a huge proponent of state's rights and always has something interesting to say. Lizard Thicket is one of the best meat and 3 places I've ever seen anywhere, several locations around town. I can't think of any clubs, but the local paper would be the source for nightlife options...sports page.