Need carry options

Guest tnmom2amk

Guest tnmom2amk

Greetings! New here and really need advice on different options. My biggest problem is where/how to conceal. I am a smaller woman (110lbs) and can't find a IWB holster that is comfortable. I have also purchased Thunderwear. I liked the concept and it fit good, until I put my PF9 in it. My fiancee said that it looked like I had a bigger "woohoo" than he did, lol!

Other problems I am facing is that I have to buy junior clothing for it to fit me. Therefore, my jeans sit on the "natural" waist and shirts are more form fitted. Thankfully, though, now the shirt styles are a bit longer.

Any ideas...suggestions??? Right now I carry in my purse or I have a leather vest that has a concealed carry pocket for when we are on the motorcycle.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the answer for you....a belly band. Get a 4" wide one, they're more comfy than the 5" or 6" versions. You can wear it in any position you like.....hips, waist, even above the waist....and you can have the gun at any position around the clock. These can be worn right against the skin, with any type of clothing. They usually have at least one extra pocket for a mag or two. Check on ebay...they usually have several different brands on there. Pro-tech outdoors is a good one and cheap too. :rofl:

Guest dizzielizzie

I've considered starting a thread in the women's forum along the lines of "what do you carry, how do you carry, and how you came about this decision." PackinMama always has great advice... :up:

I came to my decision by first purchasing the gun (I carry a kahr mk9) then I pretty much stuck it in various parts of my clothing until I found somewhere I thought it would fit. I knew a shoulder rig was out (gotta wear jacket or something, not practical here in TN) so I figured somewhere around the waist. I thought the 1o'clock position, down the front of the pants fit best, so then I searched the internet for days... I landed on Kramer's website and they have a IWB clip that looked right. On the webpage it showed the frame completely below the waist, no canter (straight up & down) but when I got it it sat higher. I called and complained, talked to a woman (I believe it was Mrs. Kramer) and she said to "try out what they sent me, and if I don't like it send it back." I wore it for a couple of days & decided i'd keep it.

I've been carrying with said holster about 2 months now and find it pretty comfortable. (I've gotta get some pics put up...) I had to buy a good belt because clipping to my jeans alone wasn't good enough, it would tip down & poke me in the leg, so the belt fixed it.

I know this is a difficult thing for a woman. The holsters out there seem designed more for the men, and it's hard to decide whether it's worth shelling out a lot of money up front (I paid $105 for mine) but I considered going to a big gun store where they carry lots of holsters and just trying some out. In your case, you might try OWB with a longer shirt.... or

I've heard great things about the belly bands, they are inexpensive and open up your clothing options. You may need to make a few changes to your wardrobe, perhaps wearing shirts a bit looser, pants a size bigger, etc. but those PF9's are about as small as you can get, and don't get hung up about a bit of a bulge here or there around the waistline because chances are no one will notice.

I'd definitely get the gun outa the purse, the concealment vest probably is your most comfortable bet on the motorcycle (my ol' man has an ultra classic and if he leans back on me he gets poked in the back) but please find somewhere on your person to carry the rest of the time. Keep in mind: concealment is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable, but find the balance between the two. I put up with a little discomfort but it's worth it!

tnmom2amk, I was in a bit of a hurry when I posted a reply to your question today and I forgot to say, "Welcome to TGO!!!" :shhh:

Dizzielizzie had several great points in her post. I particularly liked and agree with this:

dizzielizzie: Keep in mind: concealment is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable, but find the balance between the two.
:up: Dizzie, you also said
I've considered starting a thread in the women's forum along the lines of "what do you carry, how do you carry, and how you came about this decision."
Go for it girl! ;)

I just ordered a fairly spendy IWB/OWB custom holster from K&D Holsters. Another member on here recommended them to me and I did a little research myself. They seem like they make some excellent quality stuff! I chose the Thuderbird Defender, which is convertible from IWB to OWB and it's IWB cant is adjustable, which I like a lot. Problem is there's a 14-16 week wait! :no1: I figure it will be my Christmas present to myself!

Wow, I just looked at the K&D website and they're currently not taking any more orders! I guess I got my order in just in time!