mag capacity?

Guest tnmale46

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tonybon

I hope not!!!!!! I also use the 30rd 223 with a 20 on the side. never saw a popo while hunting (the very smart I mite add) yote. never thought to check about ammo amounts

I looked through the TWRA hunting Guide...

All I seen was for Migratory bird...

No more than 3 shells total including the chamber...

Nothing mentioned on rifles and small game round capacity restrictions.

I might have missed it, but I looked all through it.

Here is the 2009 hunting Guide from TWRA, you might double check foir sure.

http://www.state.tn.us/twra/pdfs/huntguide.pdf

Guest foister82

i may sound naive because ive yet to go hunting in my day but...

what kind of coyote are you hunting that you need 30rds:tinfoil:

maybe i WONT go hunting this season :P my mosin only holds 5 rds

Edited by foister82

If they can't hit a deer with the first round I guess they can scare them to death, I don't know but I have only used one round to put a deer down even with 18 more left in the mag. A 150gr Nosler ballistic tip from a M-1-A is all a man needs. Besides it makes PETA think twice.

Edited by Rock.45
Guest tnmale46
i may sound naive because ive yet to go hunting in my day but...

what kind of coyote are you hunting that you need 30rds:tinfoil:

maybe i WONT go hunting this season :P my mosin only holds 5 rds

dont need 30 but all my mags are 30 rounders oh and btw thanks guys Edited by tnmale46
no limit in Tennessee , 3 rounds only on birds.

I don't hunt, but have wondered: is that three total, or can you have 1 in pipe and 3 in mag tube for 4?

Rule says "Any auto-loading or repeating shotgun must be incapable of holding more than three shells while dove hunting."

So, your gun must be "capable" of holding one in chamber, and that would mean you could only have 2 in tube?

- OS

Guest clsutton21
I don't hunt, but have wondered: is that three total, or can you have 1 in pipe and 3 in mag tube for 4?

Rule says "Any auto-loading or repeating shotgun must be incapable of holding more than three shells while dove hunting."

So, your gun must be "capable" of holding one in chamber, and that would mean you could only have 2 in tube?

- OS

They don't assume that you will walk around with your shotgun loaded. I think they just mean, "Don't take out that little piece of wood that makes you have 3 instead of 5"

They don't assume that you will walk around with your shotgun loaded. I think they just mean, "Don't take out that little piece of wood that makes you have 3 instead of 5"

Heck I walk around with my handgun loaded in chamber.

Why wouldn't I want to do same with a pump shotgun? Racking it takes time and makes noise.

- OS

Federal Migratory Bird laws, three rounds total in the gun , you must have the plug in the tubular mag. so that the shotgun will not hold more than two rounds in the mag and one in the pipe . That is on auto's or pumps shotguns .

Federal Migratory Bird laws, three rounds total in the gun , you must have the plug in the tubular mag. so that the shotgun will not hold more than two rounds in the mag and one in the pipe . That is on auto's or pumps shotguns .

Ah, so the plug limits tube to two.

That's the part I didn't understand, thought it was three.

Thanks..

- OS

the plug my gun came with limits it to two in the tube and 1 in the chamber also. as far as turkeys go i know thats the limit.

According to TWRA, no limit of shells for turkey:

"Turkey Hunting

• Shotguns 28 gauge or larger using ammunition loaded with number 4 shot or smaller. No restriction on number of rounds in magazine."

http://www.state.tn.us/twra/huntweapons.html

Turkey is not in the migratory bird classification.

- OS