Collierville Parks Vote Aug 10th

Guest 270win

Guest 270win

Please see link on Memphis Commie Appeal's website

Collierville Board to vote on opting out of law that allows guns in parks : Germantown Collierville : Memphis Commercial Appeal

If there are any of you that live in Collierville or visit the parks, you might want to email the aldermen. This is a total waste of time and if Collierville sticks signs up, a waste of money. I am not going to be a fan of my property tax money being wasted on silly signs that do nothing but make the bed wetters feel better. I found it interesting on the article that some Univ of Tenn entity is sending out all these forms to cities and counties basically advising them how to ban guns. Again, another waste of state tax money. Isn't that the job of a city or county's attorney? It seems like our state government is basically undermining the law.

Hopefully this garbage law can be changed next year to make the park law uniform across the state and all parks legal.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collierville voted YES to allow guns in parks by a vote of 3 to 2.

Over 30 people spoke and only 3 were for banning guns in the parks. It was a very emotional and civil debate.

A very great day for Collierville!!!!

Collierville voted YES to allow guns in parks by a vote of 3 to 2.

Over 30 people spoke and only 3 were for banning guns in the parks. It was a very emotional and civil debate.

A very great day for Collierville!!!!

Well good deal! I'm closer to Collierville parks anyway so I'll just go there if I ever go to a local park lol

Guest 270win

I'm very pleased with the vote tonight in Collierville. Mr. Sarwar owns a Mexican restaurant or two in Collierville and seems to be working hard at growing his business. If I knew off hand which ones, I would tell to give his restaurant business.

I'm very pleased with the vote tonight in Collierville. Mr. Sarwar owns a Mexican restaurant or two in Collierville and seems to be working hard at growing his business. If I knew off hand which ones, I would tell to give his restaurant business.

Mr. Sarwar owns Fino Villa in Collierville. It's an italian restaurant on Poplar behind the Su Casa, and Baskin Robins. He's also the head chef there.

Guest danxd45

If I am not mistaken, he also owns Su-Casa. I am actually surprised at Collierville's decision. I Grew up here and have seen it change from a small town to what it is now. Kudos to the local alderman for supporting our constitutional rights!