The Colony

Oh, and did anybody else think the "sparring" match was rigged? Sorry but if this was real life, that guy would have owned her!

Does anybody on here know how to finish an a** whooping? If there had been some people from the South the asian girl would have gotten curb-stomped while she was down.

And why are they making weapons but not using them? They could have impailed the big guy on the "booger picker" or at least caught him on fire with the blow torch.

Now that'd be TV worth watching.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody on here know how to finish an a** whooping? If there had been some people from the South the asian girl would have gotten curb-stomped while she was down.

And why are they making weapons but not using them? They could have impailed the big guy on the "booger picker" or at least caught him on fire with the blow torch.

;):bowrofl:

:bowrofl: you're right that would be some good T.V., kinda like a modern day "Running Man" (you know the movie with Arnold)

I like how the marauders and interlopers are told "not to harm them", um yeah right. It should be, "try to take as many out as you can, if you kill them oh well, they signed a waiver or two to participate.

and now that the two people have been "kicked out" the can go tell the gang that lives near by where all the defenses are, where the food is, where the generator is, etc., etc., etc.

Oh (memphismason, since you haven't watched it yet don't read this, spoiler alert), did anybody catch that the guy picked up a knife before they kicked him out? It was a folder, sitting on a cutting board.

A Simunition revolver with a handful of rounds would severely improve this show...

Your right.

Just think the implications that one firearm and a single box of ammo would bring.

So far from watching it the "martial arts chick" would complain that a gun is dangerous, and someone one would get hurt.and :screwy::stalk::drama: and then she would want to vote on what should be done with the gun..:drama: :drama: :drama:

I told my wife last night she would be the first to go.

Guest st33ve0
Your right.

Just think the implications that one firearm and a single box of ammo would bring.

So far from watching it the "martial arts chick" would complain that a gun is dangerous, and someone one would get hurt.and :screwy::stalk::drama: and then she would want to vote on what should be done with the gun..:drama: :drama: :drama:

I told my wife last night she would be the first to go.

If it came to a vote I'd grab it and say "this is no longer a democracy, and there is no way I will allow this valuable a resource to be thrown away". I'd sooner shoot the chick than lose the gun in that scenario although I'd really prefer neither.

I think next week they're gonna break into the Pottery Barn and the Sherwin-Williams store so they can start to re-decorate the place. Just think of how nice it will be with just the right wall color and some area rugs. It will be well worth risking your life to get the stuff. Oh, and don't forget some ferns. Everybody needs ferns during The Apocolypse. Ferns and well manicured nails, preferably acrylic.

Guest bkelm18

Simple solution: If there were a gun, grab the gun, pistol whip the shiznit outta Miss Kung-Fu, shoot Mr. Worlds-Most-Annoying-Handyman, and institute a leadership hierarchy, starting with the man with a gun. If they don't like it, they can leave. :rolleyes:

I think next week they're gonna break into the Pottery Barn and the Sherwin-Williams store so they can start to re-decorate the place. Just think of how nice it will be with just the right wall color and some area rugs. It will be well worth risking your life to get the stuff. Oh, and don't forget some ferns. Everybody needs ferns during The Apocolypse. Ferns and well manicured nails, preferably acrylic.

Ferns kick Ass!

BigFerns.jpg

Simple solution: If there were a gun, grab the gun, pistol whip the shiznit outta Miss Kung-Fu, shoot Mr. Worlds-Most-Annoying-Handyman, and institute a leadership hierarchy, starting with the man with a gun. If they don't like it, they can leave. :rolleyes:

I like this

Edited by memphismason
Guest Ranger Rick
Has anyone seen this show?

Colony : Discovery Channel

I have watched one episode, and I have mixed feelings about the show, but I will hang in there to see what info I can gain from the scenarios.

Well, I've watched the first two. The show is a "nice try" for the libs. It's not realistic for the lack of firearms and brutality that would actually be out there. But, maybe it's a first step for those that take our everyday world for granted.

I got to admit. I really enjoyed seeing the gasification attempts. I had read about it for the first time a year or so ago... but had not actually seen one in action. (The one I read about was much more complex which made it make less sense.) Think I could make one now if I had to do so. I'm still not sure why going from a larger pully to a smaller pully (slower rpms) made the alternater work better (go from 9v to 12.5v). Must have been spinning it too fast to start with I guess.

It is kinda funny about how everything they need is just laying around. If things are really that bad in the world... it's not gonna be that easy. Plus you're gonna have kids and old folks in the mix too.

One realistic thing I did enjoy was the emotional conflicts about stealing other people's stuff. When they went out to explore and ended up raiding two poor slob's of everything they had. They felt guilty afterwords... but, it's "us or them." Amazing how animalistic humans can become when things are desperate. From moral to immoral in a very short time!

Since it's online... I'll probably watch the ones they post just to see what they come up with. Never know... might learn one more think I did not know.

Guest st33ve0

So I watched episode 5 last night and I have to say that if I were there I would have been looking for a gun and worried about security asap especially once I found out how much food they had when they got there. Going back to rules of three they had air, shelter, food, some water with the ability to make the filter for it very quickly and no shortage of warmth. So what's the last two 3's? 3 months without hope and I'm guessing 3 seconds or so without blood to your brain...get a gun, it covers the last two.

:love: you're right that would be some good T.V., kinda like a modern day "Running Man" (you know the movie with Arnold)

I like how the marauders and interlopers are told "not to harm them", um yeah right. It should be, "try to take as many out as you can, if you kill them oh well, they signed a waiver or two to participate.

and now that the two people have been "kicked out" the can go tell the gang that lives near by where all the defenses are, where the food is, where the generator is, etc., etc., etc.

Oh (memphismason, since you haven't watched it yet don't read this, spoiler alert), did anybody catch that the guy picked up a knife before they kicked him out? It was a folder, sitting on a cutting board.

I did notice him stealing the knife.

The blonde chick got wound up!!!

I wonder how much Hanky Panky :) has gone on.

wonder how much Hanky Panky ;) has gone on.

I've also wondered that. Prolly not much with all the camera crews walkin' around.

BTW, how can it "feel like reality" when there are all those camera's floatin' around you? Oh yeah, and you have "advisers" off camera helping too. Geesh, give everyone a hand held camera, have a few cameras "hidden" in the warehouse, and get rid of the advisers and lets see how long this group would last!

I've also wondered that. Prolly not much with all the camera crews walkin' around.

BTW, how can it "feel like reality" when there are all those camera's floatin' around you? Oh yeah, and you have "advisers" off camera helping too. Geesh, give everyone a hand held camera, have a few cameras "hidden" in the warehouse, and get rid of the advisers and lets see how long this group would last!

I have thought the same about the camera crew.

As far as hank panky, I am guessing that the Blonde chick and the ex prisioner contractor dude, have done the dirty. The hostility she showed toward him on the last episode reaks of relationship BS.

Guest canynracer

Wow...ok, this is the first i've heard of this show, so outta curiosity, I watched "Security"...umm, yeah, wow.....

We need to tell the discovery channel to do an episode of this with a bunch of US...cause I am saying that given the crap they have around them, we would be living like kings...and that truck full of supplies, with those guys driving it? ha, we would have a brand new AK, and a vehicle mounted machine gun...Im just saying :cheers:

Wow...ok, this is the first i've heard of this show, so outta curiosity, I watched "Security"...umm, yeah, wow.....

We need to tell the discovery channel to do an episode of this with a bunch of US...cause I am saying that given the crap they have around them, we would be living like kings...and that truck full of supplies, with those guys driving it? ha, we would have a brand new AK, and a vehicle mounted machine gun...Im just saying :cheers:

I am with you on that one.

I caught bits and peices of one of the shows. I was not impressed. OK no guns or ammo. What about bows, arrows, and spears every little boy should learn to make a spear I mean can we really believe 100,000 yrs ago man created a spear and none of them are capable now???

Guest st33ve0
I caught bits and peices of one of the shows. I was not impressed. OK no guns or ammo. What about bows, arrows, and spears every little boy should learn to make a spear I mean can we really believe 100,000 yrs ago man created a spear and none of them are capable now???

They have a bow and a slingshot...I'd have at least found some allthread or rebar to make a decent club. A slungshot/sap/blackjack shouldn't be hard to make either.

Guest pontiac_fiero_g

i would think that in a situation like that then it would be better to lay low somewhere away from town instead of being in the biggest building they could find. also how the hell do they keep people in la from comming around?