Friedman's Army Navy Store

Kelemvor

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I go in there from time to time for various things and to see if they have a gun i'm looking for to handle. Their prices are generally on the high side IMO and I don't see them with the new guns I see coming into other stores. But it's the place my dad always went growing up so it's got a soft spot in my heart and I keep going to see what they have and pick up random things.

Kinda what I was wondering was...well...why are all the people there so unfriendly. I buy something nearly every time I go there and I've experimented being even more friendly and polite than I normally am and still no change. Like, when I get my receipt and say, "K, have a nice day." I'll get a, "Uh, huh," or "Yup." Not to mention the general hostile tone they seem to have. Am I missing something?

dunno about the cashier. the guys behind the gun counter are always cool with me. i had a friend who worked there in high school and i can't imagine her being the least bit unfriendly. i'll have to pay more attention next time i'm in there.

Guest frankcostanza

Ive always liked that place. I bought my first pistol from them. Yeah, their gun prices can be on the high side but the guys at the gun counter are usually pretty helpful, not to mention all the other cool non-gun stuff they have to look at.

While I don't go in there too often, I've had a hit or miss on people being friendly, all from the same folks. It's probably a case of people having a bad day every now and then. I've got to stop by sometime this week to look at ammo boxes so I'll pay attention to the folks.

I agree their gun prices are high and not much selection.

Kinda what I was wondering was...well...why are all the people there so unfriendly. I buy something nearly every time I go there and I've experimented being even more friendly and polite than I normally am and still no change. Like, when I get my receipt and say, "K, have a nice day." I'll get a, "Uh, huh," or "Yup." Not to mention the general hostile tone they seem to have. Am I missing something?

I've had exactly the opposite experience. I go in there at least once a month and I've rarely had anyone be other than nice. I can say I've seen one or two of them get "testy" will a customer, but the customer was already being the same way before I noticed what was going on. I, personally, would not act that way toward a customer, but I haven't had them act that way toward me.

I've never bought a gun from them (well, I did buy an air rifle there when I was 12). Their prices are a bit on the high side, but I imagine the location they are sitting on probably generates a bit of overhead.

Like others have said, I always go for all the other cool stuff they have.

All the employees have always been friendly to me, especially the tattooed redhead.