Opinions on PARA - ORDINANCE 1911 stuff

leroy

Guest HexHead
The only issue I've heard with them are that the small 9mm versions can hit and miss as far as feeding properly. Other than that I think they are great 1911's for the money.

They just really need breaking in. We've got a PDA 9mm (technically it's my wife's) and it had feeding problems out of the box. After a few range sessions and couple hundred rounds through it, it settled down and now is reliable. Like any small 1911 based pistol, it requires a good, high grip to function properly. Great pistol though, and that LDA trigger feels really nice. Much better (smoother & lighter) than the Glock trigger which is of similar concept.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest logicprevails

I've had a Para LDA CCO for a few years. It is one of the most inherently accurate small guns I've ever shot. Felt recoil is hardly noticeable. Never a FTF or FTE. Did have the feedramp lightly polished, as I do on any pistol. Carries well, you almost forget it's strapped on.

• 7 months later...

I use a Para LTC for daily carry. Its a great pistol. Feeds anything I stuff in it. Accurate as you could ask of it. The stepson shot it and wanted one. Found him one here from a user. He uses it for his carry pistol. Same results, will feed anything. And is a very accurate pistol.

Guest Billetproof

DSC_3009.jpg

I have a Para Warthawg and the Tac-S above, love them both! The LDA trigger on the Tac-S is one of the best DA triggers you will ever shoot. My only complaint on both of them is the beavertails are sharp as can be and will jab you in the side everytime you sit down. I won't be carrying them again until I can get them dehorned.

Guest grays
Para moved their factory to SC a few months ago, either Charlston, or Columbus

Also their repair center is in Sevierville :). They fixed a broken safety for me once in like 2 minutes

The guns are very tight when new. The springs are stronger than some other 1911s. I have a limited 1911 in 40 cal, a Todd Jarrett in 40 cal, and a Para warthog in 45 acp. Properly maintained and with the good ammo they all shooot very well. The company is moving to North Carolina. Look for some better service in the future.:)

I traded in a couple guns and picked up a used P14-45 LDA at GNL awhile back and I love it. I did have to download and print off the manual from their website however. It came with an instructional video instead of printed instructions. On VHS. Now I'm not so young that I don't remember the days of VHS, but I certainly don't have anything anymore capable of playing one. I thought it was funny as all get out that they had a VHS tape with it.