Veteran's Day and Free Food...Post It As You Find It

Guest SUNTZU

Applebee's - Veterans and Active Duty Military Eat Free - Veterans Day, Wednesday, November 11th

Military veterans and active-duty service members will be able to eat for

free at any Applebee's across the U.S. on Veterans Day, Wed., Nov. 11, 2009.

There will be six entrées from the menu to choose from. Guests will be asked

to show one or more of the following as proof of service: a U.S. Uniform

Services Identification Card, U.S. Uniform Services Retired Identification

Card, Current Leave and Earnings Statement, Veterans Organization Card, a

photograph in uniform, or wearing a uniform in person. For more information

about Veterans Day at Applebee's, visit the Applebee's website at

www.applebees.com/vetsday. A complete listing of all Applebee's locations is

available at www.applebees.com <Welcome to Applebee's® .

thankyou.jpg

And for defending our Constitution.

36a.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I served in the TN Army National Guard from 1990 to 1998 (active 6yrs, inactive 2yrs). Am I a Veteran? I did not go to Iraq or fight in a war zone, I was within 48 hours of going than it was over.

Guest proudsuthrner
I served in the TN Army National Guard from 1990 to 1998 (active 6yrs, inactive 2yrs). Am I a Veteran? I did not go to Iraq or fight in a war zone, I was within 48 hours of going than it was over.

i'm pretty sure you are still a verteran. and i dont think you have to fight to be considered a vet

But there is no proof other than my dd214, an old picture (20 yrs ago) of me in basic in my Class A's and some other paperwork.

I know I am, I signed a blank check, it was not needed during my tenure, but it is hard to prove without an official id or something that states that. I'm just wondering, because there are a lot of discounts offered out to Active and former military, what other folks do for these discounts.

Oh, I do get a discount at Sport Clips!

But there is no proof other than my dd214, an old picture (20 yrs ago) of me in basic in my Class A's and some other paperwork.

I know I am, I signed a blank check, it was not needed during my tenure, but it is hard to prove without an official id or something that states that. I'm just wondering, because there are a lot of discounts offered out to Active and former military, what other folks do for these discounts.

Oh, I do get a discount at Sport Clips!

Don't feel bad.. all I have is my DD214 and my Genieva Convention Card.

star.gifValid Veteran and Active Duty Identification to Obtain Free Entree:

• U.S. Uniform Services Identification Card
  • U.S. Uniform Services Retired Identification Card
  • Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES)
  • Veterans Organization Card (i.e., American Legion and VFW)
  • Photograph in uniform
  • Wearing uniform
  • DD214
  • Citation or Commendation

I know, saw the dd214 in there. However, it is something I normally don't carry in my wallet...my post was more of a bitch/complaint about that they don't issue an id card to us!

Wow thats great!

Iwill give them more business.

I want to say to all my brother and sisters in arms that have served,

Happy Veterans Day.

It's because of you we and our fellow Americans have the freedom and

rights that we enjoy.

I salute you all!

And God bless Ameria.

Guest Sgt. Joe

Dam right!.... you are a Veteran.....Dont you EVER sell your service short just because of timing and assignments......Ever!:)

And gimmie a bite O' dat what you eating looks good it do...:rolleyes:

Ryans steakhouse in Jackson use to do the same but told us last year no more?.....our Applebeas closed here years ago....no matter tho they stunk.:P

I'll make some calls and see if anyone in this area is doing the same....Will post any I find...

Blessings to ALL Patriots......