My Ed Brown's

willis68

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice looking gun. Ed Brown's have a rep for being among the very best 1911s out there. And I heard that from my smith who has spent over 30 years working on 1911s and building them.

A side note: a few months ago the gun smith from another shop wandered in here. He proceeded to tell me how a customer had ordered an Ed Brown Cobra. When it came he asked the gunsmith what he thought of it. The gun smith spent 10 minutes trashing this gun that the customer had paid about $2k for, telling him he couldnt believe they had done this or hadnt done that and he could do a much better/cheaper job.

I was waiting for the smith to explain how he got an Ed Brown Cobra out of his butt where the customer had stuck it. But it didnt happen.

A fine pair you have there. It makes me want to go take some better pictures of my Les Baer put them up against your EB's and maybe some of Joe's Wilsons and just be like... "Ahhhh... 1911 goodness... ahhhhh"

BTW, how do you like the Snakeskin treatment on the gun? I haven't fondled an EB yet, but it reminds me a bit of what Kimber does with their Raptor line... and as much as I like the look of it, the feel of it isn't as solid and grippy as standard checkering (to me, at least).

Again, a wonderful pair of 1911's...

**BRENT**

Pics or the Les Baer or BAN!

heh... so I have to give pics, give YOU my Baer, or be banned... hmmm...

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19163&postcount=17

There's a "Show us your 1911's!" thread in Show and Tell... check it out!

Going back over that thread, I've noticed that I need better pix. I just have one gun, I gotta make it look prettier than that!

**BRENT**

They are the best looking, finish, and fitting, the most accurate, reliable and all around the best 1911's I have ever seen, What is there not to like?;)

When you're an arrogant jerk you can find something to bitch about anything. I cant remember what exactly his beef was, something about the slide release not being radiused or something. Whatever, it was a reflection of him, not Ed Brown product.

When you're an arrogant jerk you can find something to bitch about anything. I cant remember what exactly his beef was, something about the slide release not being radiused or something. Whatever, it was a reflection of him, not Ed Brown product.

I hear you, some people are never happy!

A fine pair you have there. It makes me want to go take some better pictures of my Les Baer put them up against your EB's and maybe some of Joe's Wilsons and just be like... "Ahhhh... 1911 goodness... ahhhhh"

BTW, how do you like the Snakeskin treatment on the gun? I haven't fondled an EB yet, but it reminds me a bit of what Kimber does with their Raptor line... and as much as I like the look of it, the feel of it isn't as solid and grippy as standard checkering (to me, at least).

Again, a wonderful pair of 1911's...

**BRENT**

The Snakeskin on my Kobra Carry is the best grip I can reccomend, While i love the Checkering on my Executive Elite, the snakeskin is something you would have to try yourself, I can shoot all day long and the positive grip is awesome and never rough on my hand,when kimber came out with the Raptor, I had received my New Kobra Carry delivered to a local gun shop the same day, The owner compared My gun to a Raptor he got at the same time, both he and I agreed there was no comparison, please do yourself a favor and try one out, the Snakeskin is a true custom touch and very usefull unlike the copied texture on Kimber's Raptor, by the way Les Baer's are awesome 1911's, I have a Thunder Ranch Special with no front cocking serrations on Layaway as I am writing this, is yours in Stainless or Hard Chrome, I love that pistol the only thing I dislike is the front cockig serrations, but that is just me!

Best Regards,

They look great. When I finally get around to getting a 1911, the Ed Brown is on my short list. I am leaning toward the bobtail.

I cannot reccomend the Bobtail enough, in fact any commander length 1911 for my arsenal will have one,the funny thing is I bought this gun without trying the Bobtail first, against others advice, but I love it, I have a Nighthawk GRP2 coming with the Ed Brown Bobtail and alot of other Ed Brown parts built in it ;)

This is my Nighthawk Custom GRP2, it has a naked slide, Ed Brown Bobtail, Ed Brown Beavertail Grip Safety, Ed Brown Slide stop, Ed Brown single side safety,3.0 LB trigger,Fixed Novak's Green front, yellow back and is coated in Diamond Black, Still paying it off, my dealer was kind enough to send me a few pictures of it,I ordered it with a crowned and recessed barrel, that was the only thing not right, after this picture was taken he sent it back and 2 days later he received it back with the proper barrell work. By the looks of it I may just like this one as much as my Kobra Carry, we will see!

Steve2_800.jpg

The Snakeskin on my Kobra Carry is the best grip I can reccomend, While i love the Checkering on my Executive Elite, the snakeskin is something you would have to try yourself, I can shoot all day long and the positive grip is awesome and never rough on my hand,when kimber came out with the Raptor, I had received my New Kobra Carry delivered to a local gun shop the same day, The owner compared My gun to a Raptor he got at the same time, both he and I agreed there was no comparison, please do yourself a favor and try one out, the Snakeskin is a true custom touch and very usefull unlike the copied texture on Kimber's Raptor, by the way Les Baer's are awesome 1911's, I have a Thunder Ranch Special with no front cocking serrations on Layaway as I am writing this, is yours in Stainless or Hard Chrome, I love that pistol the only thing I dislike is the front cockig serrations, but that is just me!

Best Regards,

I noticed you were in Cookeville... I went to school up there at TTU for a while, still have a few friends up there... maybe I could trek up there and lay my hands on your EB one of these days, no? :D

My LB is Stainless... but I'm toying with the idea of sending it off for a Wilson Armor-Tuff treatment (I think I'd have to go all black). I love the finish on the Wilsons I've fondled, and I've seen it done in black/OD with Nighthawk's coating... I think it looks great on this particular model. Mine is an Extreme Tactical, which is pretty much a hopped up Concept VI. I picked it up slightly used, so I didn't have mine custom ordered... but as it's only my second gun ever (1st one, a High Standard 1911 left my hands to fund the Baer), I didn't have an exact grasp of what I'd want. When I picked this one up, I chose it over about 10 other 1911's, and it just felt perfect to me. With the 30 lpi checkering on the front strap and MSH, along with the particular grips on it, it's the grippiest gun I've held... and fits my big hands perfectly. It also has their tactical package, so it's dehorned and ready to go. Now I just have to get my permit...

I guess unless you go to somewhere like Pro-Load, it's hard to really feel all the different Baer models. It WAS helpful that I got to hold a PII for a few minutes at a range, when I inquired about a very nice looking pistol from a guy who'd brought 2-3 1911's to the range. I think I wound up with mine about 2 months later (I went in looking to get a DW Commander Bobtail... I'm still kinda torn on the BOB front myself... case by case, I guess).

I dig your TR, btw... couldn't tell if it was blued or had their black coating though. I'm sure you'll enjoy it sans FCS...

**BRENT**

I noticed you were in Cookeville... I went to school up there at TTU for a while, still have a few friends up there... maybe I could trek up there and lay my hands on your EB one of these days, no? :D

My LB is Stainless... but I'm toying with the idea of sending it off for a Wilson Armor-Tuff treatment (I think I'd have to go all black). I love the finish on the Wilsons I've fondled, and I've seen it done in black/OD with Nighthawk's coating... I think it looks great on this particular model. Mine is an Extreme Tactical, which is pretty much a hopped up Concept VI. I picked it up slightly used, so I didn't have mine custom ordered... but as it's only my second gun ever (1st one, a High Standard 1911 left my hands to fund the Baer), I didn't have an exact grasp of what I'd want. When I picked this one up, I chose it over about 10 other 1911's, and it just felt perfect to me. With the 30 lpi checkering on the front strap and MSH, along with the particular grips on it, it's the grippiest gun I've held... and fits my big hands perfectly. It also has their tactical package, so it's dehorned and ready to go. Now I just have to get my permit...

I guess unless you go to somewhere like Pro-Load, it's hard to really feel all the different Baer models. It WAS helpful that I got to hold a PII for a few minutes at a range, when I inquired about a very nice looking pistol from a guy who'd brought 2-3 1911's to the range. I think I wound up with mine about 2 months later (I went in looking to get a DW Commander Bobtail... I'm still kinda torn on the BOB front myself... case by case, I guess).

I dig your TR, btw... couldn't tell if it was blued or had their black coating though. I'm sure you'll enjoy it sans FCS...

**BRENT**

The TRS is Blued, My dealer took that picture when the gun was fresh from Les Baer, it is just soaked in oil as baer sends them out, PM me sometime and you can check out my Browns. If I were you I would leave that Baer as is, There is something very special about Les Baer stainless steel pistols, I like yours very much the way it is,