SR9 Ruger Black finish (9mm)

Guest fastshotivy

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Ruger forum there's talk about barrels.... , lug peening , cracking, seems Ruger refuses to acknowledge a problem. ? There's talk of a real design problem with this, not just QC . Check out the forum for yourself, too much talk about it to be just a few people look'n for something to complain about. Sure made me think , they had a recall just about soon as it hit the shevels. So far, sounds like some swear by them, an some swear at them!? Like anything you pays your money an take a chance. Ruger has been known to have good CS.

Guest clsutton21

I love mine. Only difference is that mine is OD green frame/black slide. I've had to problems with mine. And the recall was just a trigger reworking to fix the trigger safety.

No problems out of mine, no hiccups or misfeads after about 200 rounds, hopefully this will continue. I really like the trigger pull, I've fired a buddy's sigma, and it sure beats the heck out of it. Really simple to field strip and clean, I think for the price its tough to beet as far as 9mm goes.

I have had mine for little less than a year. Not had any problems with it and have shot over 300 rounds. I didn't know about barrel problem so I did a search and came up with this review.

Home of 204Ruger.com and RugerHunting.com!

He sent his gun back to Ruger and they fixed the problem. Also talks a lot about the trigger. I am fairly new to firearms, having only fired revolvers before so triggers have never been an issue for me.

Guest The Highlander

No issues with mine after approximately 400-500 rounds.

I love this gun! It feels just like a Commander 1911 to me, which is a very good thing. I got the black on black, added a Viridian Green Laser, a bunch of ammo, and a couple of Don Hume holsters. It came out of the box dead on at 7 yards with my preferred Speer Gold Dot rounds.

It has not even hinted at a malfunction, and carries very, very well.

I debated this gun or an XDm 9mm. The SR9 including the laser and a Blackhawk! holster were priced within about $15 of the XDm by itself. The SR9 (and the Glocks) are considerably lighter than the Springfield, which is important to those who carry it. And you only give up a round or two of capacity. I don't feel limited with 18 rounds on board!

I don't pay much attention to "problems" unless I've seen the weapon or have a person I respect tell me it is actually a problem.

Great guns.

The Highlander