Finally received HCP

i rushed to get everything done for the HCP permit so i'd have it for our trip back home to Louisiana for Christmas. i was pretty bummed i didn't receive it before we left (12/22). wouldn't you know it, i get back home tonight and it's in the mailbox.

the postmark says 12/22, so it arrived the day after we left town. the government...if you don't laugh, you'll cry.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not yet. we got back late last night, unpacked and went to bed. we're heading to the opry mills area today, and i was thinking about taking my Cougar 8000 with me.

does anyone have any advice on how to "configure" your holster? i've got a supertuck deluxe and, while i can get it to fit somewhat comfortably, i can't seem to hide the weapon much. anytime i bend over to tie my shoe, pick up anything, etc, the handle shows. my shirt still covers it, but it's really obvious something is under there. i've tried 3:00, 4:00 and even 5:00, but haven't found a fit, yet. maybe the gun's just too big?

Guest bkelm18

does anyone have any advice on how to "configure" your holster? i've got a supertuck deluxe and, while i can get it to fit somewhat comfortably, i can't seem to hide the weapon much. anytime i bend over to tie my shoe, pick up anything, etc, the handle shows. my shirt still covers it, but it's really obvious something is under there. i've tried 3:00, 4:00 and even 5:00, but haven't found a fit, yet. maybe the gun's just too big?

Welcome to carrying a gun. :P As you'll learn, if you want to keep it concealed, you'll have to modify how you move. No more bending, start stooping. Etc etc. You'll just have to experiment and find what makes you most comfortable. Eventually after carrying a while, you'll stop caring really if you "print" or not, you're not doing anything illegal.

Welcome to carrying a gun. :P As you'll learn, if you want to keep it concealed, you'll have to modify how you move. No more bending, start stooping. Etc etc. You'll just have to experiment and find what makes you most comfortable. Eventually after carrying a while, you'll stop caring really if you "print" or not, you're not doing anything illegal.

Was carrying my .40 at wally world the other day. Bent over to pick up something my son dropped and when I stood up I noticed the guy behind me had moved over to the next line that was longer than the one I was in. Reached around to find my shirt had moved up and over the grip of my gun. I glanced over to see him trying hard not to look at me. Guess I frightened him.