places to shoot near knoxville

Guest Jamesmb

Guest Jamesmb

Hi

I was wondering if there are any ranges for handguns in knoxville where I can shoot at, and what rules do they have? Can you bring ammo or have to buy there, etc.? I did drive up to Royal Blue WMA last weekend, but the road there, I drive a VW, put a hole in my gas line and is still in the garage. Was kind of a far drive also. But was free.

Thanks,

James

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

Let's see, we have Coal Creek Armory on Dutchtown Rd., you can bring your own targets/ammo and the range fee is fairly cheap. There's the outdoor range up in Norris. It's $15 a day or $25 per year, you have to bring your own ammo/targets as it's just a range, no store front or safety officer. Just go to the Norris PD to pay the fee. Those are the two I go to. Also check here:

http://www.tngunowners.com/dynamics/browsecategory.php?c=4

http://www.tnoutdoorsmen.com/ranges.htm#Knoxville

Guest looneeetunes

farnsworth firearms

504 Church St

Vonore, TN 37885

(423) 884-6462

$5.00 for i dont know how long.. always shot as long as i want to. have about six indoor lanes, but i have never had to wait. nor have i had anyone waiting on my lane. they give one free silhouette. bring your own ammo.one of two of the best places to get a good deal on guns in maryville area. and believe it or not usa pawn in alcoa has good deals on guns. both have new and used and can order.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BigBoostDSM

CCA has ladies day on Tuesday, if you bring the wife with she gets in free and you get in half off. under 10 bucks for range time and targets for two people is a killer deal IMO.

I've been wanting to go the the John Sevier range but haven't had time and don't have a rifle to make it really worth while. It's less than 5 minutes from my house though so I'll definetly be making the trip sooner than later. I'd love to hear some feedback on that site.

I understand there is a gym in Knoxville where you can shoot, you have to be choked first but you get to shoot.

Now that! is a winner. So I guess the shooting at THE RUSH made news down that direction too. Damn steroid fiends.......the noid from the roids must have set in.

Guest Jamesmb
CCA has ladies day on Tuesday, if you bring the wife with she gets in free and you get in half off. under 10 bucks for range time and targets for two people is a killer deal IMO.

I've been wanting to go the the John Sevier range but haven't had time and don't have a rifle to make it really worth while. It's less than 5 minutes from my house though so I'll definetly be making the trip sooner than later. I'd love to hear some feedback on that site.

Hi

Appreciate the tip on CCA, but single here.

Well I have been three times to John Sevier and is the cheapest place to go and not that far out for me. I have only done the bench rest outside at their closest of 15 yards. And they give you two free targets and two hours for $5.50. They also have for rifles 50 and 100 yard ranges. I think there is an indoor bullseye on Thursday nights till sometime in late December but not sure if that is open to the public or just the club.