This left me Speechless-You will be too!

Guest GlocKingTN

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great video. The song actually made me crack up a few times.

If you live in Tennessee, especially West Tennessee, you need to go to Reelfoot Lake in Tiptionville TN, located in the northwest corner of Tennessee.

http://www.reelfoot.com/eagles.htm

Reelfoot Lake is home to one of the largest wintering populations of eagles in the country. During the peak season (mid Jan.- early Feb.) there can be as many as 200 eagles wintering on Reelfoot......
Guest GlocKingTN
Great video. The song actually made me crack up a few times.

If you live in Tennessee, especially West Tennessee, you need to go to Reelfoot Lake in Tiptionville TN, located in the northwest corner of Tennessee.

http://www.reelfoot.com/eagles.htm

This is really wierd. My next door neighbor is at reelfoot as we speak. I plan on going and checking it out myself sometime soon.

I grew up in Dyersburg and back in 1995 my Mom and dad bought a house on the lake up there to live and retire in. My dad passed away unexpectedly in 2000 but my mom and new husband still live there. I grew up going up there and go there many times a year to visit. My kids are getting old enough to go out on excursions and what not and love seeing the ducks, geese, eagles, fishing (some of the best crappie and bream fishing you will ever do, and there is good bass fishing (one of my loves) up there as well) We were there last weekend and one of my plans was to go eagle watching, but all 3 kids and myself were sick so we ended up just laying around.

Reelfoot is an amazing place if you are into wildlife, outdoors, crafts, geological events and many more activities. The lake itself was formed by a massive series of earthquakes in 1811 and 1812 that caused the land to drop, the Mississippi River to flow backwards filling up the dropped area of land..

Here's a little snippet of information:

The New Madrid quakes were actually three great quakes, each of which probably measured over 8.0 on the Richter Scale. They occured from December 16, 1811 to February 7, 1812. They were largest earthquakes in the history of the contiguous United States. Estimated at over Magnitude 8.0 on the Richter Scale, they were felt over most of the Eastern United States, as much as 1,000 miles from the epicenter, just west of the Mississippi. This is an unusual place for earthquakes, since it occured in the middle of the North American Plate. Most earthquakes are on the edges of tectonic plates, as they push or slide by other plates. The New Madrid zone, however, seems to represent a weak point in the North American Plate. The Mississippi River flows down a great trough filled with sediment washed down from 2/3 of the continent. Nobody seems to understand exactly how that causes quakes. Seismic activity continues in the New Madrid Fault Zone and scientists believe that another large earthquake will someday strike that area again. While this area was sparsely populated in 1812, today there are millions of people throughout the Midwest who are at risk from a large earthquake. Many people rate this at the top of a hazards list in the United States.
Guest nitrous_mike

Yeah Reelfoot is a nice place to see wildlife around here. We have a local pair of eagles here in Jackson on the 412(state field) WMA , and there is also a local single on farm @ Tigrett. Its kinda neat to see eagles this far down year round.

Yeah Reelfoot is a nice place to see wildlife around here. We have a local pair of eagles here in Jackson on the 412(state field) WMA , and there is also a local single on farm @ Tigrett. Its kinda neat to see eagles this far down year round.

Tigrett, I use to Dove and duck hunt close and in the Tigrett bottom's.

Guest nitrous_mike
Tigrett, I use to Dove and duck hunt close and in the Tigrett bottom's.

Cool the farm my buddy just bought is on miller loop if you know where that is the nature trail is the property line. This was the second season for us to hunt it and well its coming around.

I know exactly where Miller Loop is. A good friend of mine has family that live in Tigrett and when we were in High School, we not only duck and dove hunted, but coon hunted and did some deer hunting as well. His family knew many of the farmers so we hunted all over Miller Loop and Green Hill bottom road and many others. I dove hunted back up toward Hwy 412 on Tom Bell's dairy farm.

Sorry for the hijacked threadGlocking, back to the discussions of the symbol of our freedom.

Yes, Eagles are fascinating, they are neat to watch. At reelfoot you can go to several spots and see them nesting, I've seen them catch fish on the lake and there is a Welcome Center that typically have a few Eagles, owls, and hawks in an outside enclosure that they are

rehabing

due to injury. Inside they have lots of information about the lake, history and wildlife. They also have many species of animals (alive) for viewing. It is on Highway 21 on the Southwest side of the lake. Right across the street is a

restaurant called Boyette's, good food (catfish, quail, frog legs, country ham, etc.) If you go to google maps and put in Reelfoot lake, zoom down you will see the where the museum and the restaurant is at letter "D" which is the Reelfoot

State Park. My mom lives at the bottom end of that finger lake coming off the main lake. It is called the washout and it is about 3 miles long and just wide enough to turn a boat at full speed with a water skier. During the summer there are

numerous

boats and jet ski's at the washout. The main lake is not deep enough to ski on or to have a big boat on.

Guest GlocKingTN

Actually it looks kinda neat. I thought you done it!

My buddy just got back a little while ago. He said it was very interesting to see. He said that all tennessee'ans should see it at least once.

So you are seeing all the red and green?

I did the google search bar spell check thing and it was even more broken up than that, I fixed it a little.

It was

this before

I

changed

it and with the

colors.

:):)

If you dont turn the spellcheck off BEFORE you post, it will look like that in the post.

So basically I just showed how bad my spelling sucks!!!!:)

I rely heavily on spell check!!!

Guest SteveThePirate

The Duck River refuge in Hutsburg is a great place to see eagles, along with a ton of other birds and random wildlife. I go out there and set alot when I'm writing.