Whats the going price now for.....

Guest Rando

The Taurus Titanium 38. snubbie, I saw two on gunbroker. One was set at $500+, the other was a running auction but I think it had a buy it now option for $500 or so. I may be taking one to the Meadoview show too trade or possibly just sell on Sun. and would like a heads up on it.

Thanks all, Rando:D

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is about right for Titanium......

The plain Ultra-Lite is in the $400 range.

The Ti Series goes up another $100

And for that price I'd look else where.

The only decently priced Taurus is the Standard 85 series.

All the other 85 series are over priced in my opinion.

I had the Regular 85 UL, the barrel looked to be an insert.

The finish in the grooves was a bit lacking. You could see machine marks, and

after about 50 Lead wadcutters the lead build up was very apparent down the bore.

They are decent guns, but I don't think they are worth much more than $325.00 in my opinion.

right.. buds has some for $480 delivered new. I had to reread the OP becasue I was thinking he had a used one for sale which would be at the $400 range. I would never give that much for a taurus .38 revolver regardless of the meterial it was made from.

Way too many other - better options out there for $500.

Yup thats what I thought I saw at the last show in K-town, I was thinking we paid around $400 for it + background and such when new. I know it hasnt had more than fifty rounds through it. The wife shot the center out of a target with it more or less and a friend and I was lucky to get on the target. I had a dealer tell me it was because the friend and I were wating for the monster thump of the light gun with plus Ps so we were holding to tight. The gun takes a light hand to shoot it well ie. the little lady kicked our butts with it.:rolleyes: She has since taken over my little 380. and doesnt carry the 38. anymore so I am thinking of trading for me a new toy, or maybe something for my Daughter to SHARE with ole dad heh heh:D

C U Sun. morning at meadoview;)

If you are looking for a model 85

Here ya go.

Gallery of Guns.com - Gun Gallery, Ruger Firearms, Shooter Online Services, Firearm Industry News, Firearm Dealer, Gun News

Your Results:

Below you will find offers from your 3 closest * Gun Genie Retailers. Be sure to consider store location, reputation and special promotions as well as the sales price offered. Simply click "ACCEPT OFFER" and we will arrange the shipment of this firearm to the selected retailer.

To see offers from all Gun Genie Retailers within 25 50 100 miles, please click button below.

ALL AMERICAN GUN SHOP LLC MSRP: $648.00 Mastercard/Visa/Discover accepted at no extra charge. Items quoted through this service may be priced higher or lower on inventory on hand in our shop. Subject to quantities on hand. Buy, Sell, Trade or Repair at All American Gun Shop!

(View Retailer Information)

Sale Price:$498.99Addit'l Fees:$38.95Tax:$44.91Sub Total:$582.85DEPOSIT:($162.00)BALANCE DUE:$420.85acceptoffer.jpg CROSSVILLE PAWN & GUNS MSRP: $648.00

Sale Price:$489.49Addit'l Fees:$29.95Tax:$47.73Sub Total:$567.16DEPOSIT:($162.00)BALANCE DUE:$405.16acceptoffer.jpg SKIPS FIREARMS MSRP: $648.00 There is a 3% discount for cash. This is not awarded for credit card purchases. This will be added to your price when you sign for the firearm and pay the balance.

Sale Price:$469.99Addit'l Fees:$19.95Tax:$43.47Sub Total:$533.41DEPOSIT:($162.00)BALANCE DUE:$371.41acceptoffer.jpg

In the event that you need to close this Gun Genie transaction, please click button below.

Guest 10mm4me

Taurus' only foot in the gun industry has been value, now it seems they feel they can charge S&W $$$ for a knockoff.Because that's all Taurus revolvers are.

Taurus' only foot in the gun industry has been value, now it seems they feel they can charge S&W $$$ for a knockoff.Because that's all Taurus revolvers are.

Taurus has excellent revolver's, I'd like to find S&W's at Taurus prices.

Don't knock em off till you try them. S.S.

http://www.taurususa.com/history.cfm?

Edited by SkunkSlayer
Guest 10mm4me
Taurus has excellent revolver's, I'd like to find S&W's at Taurus prices.

Don't knock em off till you try them. S.S.

http://www.taurususa.com/history.cfm?

Are you blind.This whole thread is saying taurus 85's $400-$500.What do you think a J-frame cost $430-$500.Plus you can usually get a $50 rebate @some point in the year.Looks pretty close as far as pricing to me.

Edited by 10mm4me
Lets not turn this into a flame war.

Umm,yeah

Thanks Strickj, I put my flame thrower up. :D

TGO Peeps...

I've noticed lately that off-topic remarks (aka Thread Hijacking) are becoming a serious problem again. This needs to stop, particularly in our more topic-oriented forums and I am asking the moderating team to assist in making sure this happens.

The overall value of the threads posted on TGO diminishes when people initiate side-line conversations inside of threads, or turn a thread's direction an entirely different heading because of off-topic chatter. Socializing is certainly a key point of any Internet forum, but there are times and places within TGO where it's just poor form.

Please do your part to help reduce this problem on our site. Be respectful of the forum rules and most importantly of the person who started a thread with an express purpose or intent in mind.

Thanks.

Edited by SkunkSlayer

Yeah Rando, if you paid $400 + for it new, I wouldn't expect to get any more for it now that it is used, even if it does only have 50 or so rounds through it. If you are going to trade, remember that the guy you are trading with will also need to make a buck so don't be offended if he offers you less. I have seen them used in the $400 around Nashville.

The Taurus Titanium 38. snubbie, I saw two on gunbroker. One was set at $500+, the other was a running auction but I think it had a buy it now option for $500 or so. I may be taking one to the Meadoview show too trade or possibly just sell on Sun. and would like a heads up on it.

Thanks all, Rando:D

Are you blind.This whole thread is saying taurus 85's $400-$500.What do you think a J-frame cost $430-$500.Plus you can usually get a $50 rebate @some point in the year.Looks pretty close as far as pricing to me.

Hey there flameboy, OP never mentioned model 85 but since you did, they start around $330 and go up to about $380 whereas comparable S&W's will run at least $100 bucks more. (Guns for Sale) Now Titanuium takes both up to the next price point. Put on your reading glasses next time before you start your spewing :)

Yeah Rando, if you paid $400 + for it new, I wouldn't expect to get any more for it now that it is used, even if it does only have 50 or so rounds through it. If you are going to trade, remember that the guy you are trading with will also need to make a buck so don't be offended if he offers you less. I have seen them used in the $400 around Nashville.

Hey there flameboy, OP never mentioned model 85 but since you did, they start around $330 and go up to about $380 whereas comparable S&W's will run at least $100 bucks more. (Guns for Sale) Now Titanuium takes both up to the next price point. Put on your reading glasses next time before you start your spewing :hat:

I see what you are saying david d. However, I am not all that familiar with firearms and assumed that the only snub nose (at least that I have ever seen) that taurus makes it he model 85 that is titanium. Of course the make public defender titanium cylinder but this said 38 which the public defender is not.