Kimber Ultra on the horizon?

Guest mtsumatt

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mtsumatt
I have flouresent(sp?) model paint with a small brush to make the front sight stand out better on some stock sights.

Do you cut a groove or smooth it out before you apply the paint? I have a dremel and could make a little indention I think and put some paint in that. Just don't want to screw anything up.

Thanks for explaining the ultra to jackdm3. I chose the ultra because it will be a little more comfortable to me for carrying on a regular basis. The gun still feels as good as the 4" and 5" models without the extra weight and length. The ultra also has a shorter grip than the commander size which is the same size as the Gov. 5".

Not knocking the full size by any means here because I love to shoot them, but I find them a little to big to carry regularly.

When I was in the business world, periodically word lists for report writing made the rounds. Basically, there were several columns of words, and the writer selected one work from each column and added verbs and proper nouns to complete a sentence.

I think Kimber does this to create model names...

I have flouresent(sp?) model paint with a small brush to make the front sight stand out better on some stock sights.

A product for this purpose is "Bright Sights" 1-800-458-9055

My son-in-law just bought a set of the paints and dropped it off for my consideration, so I haven't used the product yet.

Guest mtsumatt
:)

Don’t use a Dremel tool on a new Kimber. You will be sick as a dog if you put an idiot mark in it.

Yes, that would make me sick! I probably won't use a dremel, but it was a thought.

Guest mtsumatt
A product for this purpose is "Bright Sights" 1-800-458-9055

My son-in-law just bought a set of the paints and dropped it off for my consideration, so I haven't used the product yet.

Thanks!! Please let us know how it works out.

• 1 month later...

best way I have found to paint those sights is with model car paint and use a tooth pick and do each groove in the sights, be sure to have a damp rag ready, glow in the dark paint works great if on a budget.