.380 Ammo Review - Bersa Thunder

Guest Hookshot35

Guest Hookshot35

Enjoying the site everyday. So glad I found it!

Just like everyone else, I have had a problem finding .380 ammo at a decent price. I had been using Aguila from Outpost Armory for target ammo. About $25 box of 50 FMJ.

I am always looking for ammo online and came across Herters 95 Grain FMJ at Cabelas. It is an Indonesian brass round. I was a little skeptical as there were hardly any reviews online and a few of the reviews I saw had mentioned feeding problems. It was a great deal at $149 for 500 rounds and a $20 coupon was available on purchases over $100. Needless to say I took a chance at $12.90 a box before shipping.

I am happy to report I had zero misfeeds or issues at all through my Bersa Thunder. I fired about 80 rounds. Very impressed with the power as it reminded me of +P ammo with the bang and the penetration. It was noticeably stronger and louder than the Aguila. I haven't been able to find specs on this ammo, but I am positive it is stronger than other target rounds I have fired. A word of caution, there are now 13 reviews on line and it seems the Sig people are having numerous feeding issues. Ammo was maybe slightly dirty, but not any more residue than the Aguila or Magtech.

P.S. I love my Bersa Thunder by the way. I use Gold Guardian for home defense. It checks in at 1082 fps and 221lbs muzzle energy.

Thats my report. Thanks for all the great info on here. HCP should be in the box any day now!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest forrestcav

glad to know that info. I have a friend wanting to get herself a .380 and wondered about ammo. I knew it had gotten scarce, but did't know if supplies were coming back in stock