Old case knife pricing??

jess01999

Hello all. I have a few old Case knives of which I have no idea the value. I would like to sale and use the money to buy more of my hobby toys......you guessed it... guns. I have found the knives on Ebay but that is about all I have to go on and I really don't want to get burned. Is there any good sources I can use and are there any places around the Knoxville area that give decent money and can be trusted?? Thanks for any and all help.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a LOT of Case knives sold on Ebay. Smoky Mountain Knife Works in Sevierville is the biggest local dealer in knives. Ebay is a good resource for finding out the real value of a knife. Books and dealers can give an opinion on the value, but a buyer with cash in hand will give you the real value.

Let me know what you have - I may be interested in some of them.

The people at Smoky Mtn. Knife Works will tell you what you have and the value. They won't pay "the value" but, you will know what their worth. You can google "Case Knives" that should get you their main web site. You can get the year, pattern & what the handles are made of based on the numbers, dots & X's on the blade. Or, I have a book on case knives send the info to me I'll look it up. Michael

There are a LOT of Case knives sold on Ebay. Smoky Mountain Knife Works in Sevierville is the biggest local dealer in knives. Ebay is a good resource for finding out the real value of a knife. Books and dealers can give an opinion on the value, but a buyer with cash in hand will give you the real value.

Let me know what you have - I may be interested in some of them.

The people at Smoky Mtn. Knife Works will tell you what you have and the value. They won't pay "the value" but, you will know what their worth. You can google "Case Knives" that should get you their main web site. You can get the year, pattern & what the handles are made of based on the numbers, dots & X's on the blade. Or, I have a book on case knives send the info to me I'll look it up. Michael

Thanks guys. I knew I would run across some knife connoisseur's.

I have the following.

1. 6275 SP

2. 6167 SAB

3. 6201

4. 71549L

I also have a Camillus American Wildlife Series with the Bear emblem.

Thanks guys. I knew I would run across some knife connoisseur's.

I have the following.

1. 6275 SP

2. 6167 SAB

3. 6201

4. 71549L

I also have a Camillus American Wildlife Series with the Bear emblem.

New or used?

New or used?

2 are new and the others are used......

This web site will give you the information necessary to date your Case knives. The date of manufacture along with the model #, handle material and condition will determine the value of your knives.

Case XX knives

Thanks for the link. Looks like I may be buying more than 1 gun when I find a buyer for the knives :D. I am very happy.

Thanks Guys

Which ones are new, what are their dates and handle materials/colors?

Sadly the as new condition knives are the newest 6201 and the 71549L. The others are not really used as in sharpened but have set in an enviroment that has not been humidity controlled. They are in great shape but are tarnished somewhat.