15 days from Nashville to Murfreesboro?!?

Sorry I just gotta vent here real quick.

I called the DOS and was told that my HCP was "issued" on the 8th and that I should wait 14 business days for the thing. Called back today to see if it was shipped and was told that it was "Mailed" on the 5th??? So I am trying to do the math, but really 15 days to go the 32 miles from Nashville to Murfreesboro.....really???:rolleyes:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clsutton21

Maybe she read it wrong and it was the 15th. The people that work there are very nice as long as you are nice and respectful to them, it was probably just a simple typo or mistake. The state has 90 days to issue, if they even want to...

Guest Askgeneral

What I dont understand is how something that takes less than an hour to make at the dmv takes a month to print and deliver from Nashville.....I'm on the second email "youve been approved but the printer is behind, give it 14 days".

Just because they say it was mailed on a certain date doesn't make it so. I mention in another thread here that my wife's HCP was supposedly mailed on Jan 12, but when it got here, it had a postmark of the 19th. Not to mention that it was issued on the 22d of Dec and it took them almost a month to issue and print it before mailing.

Matthew

Sorry I just gotta vent here real quick.

I called the DOS and was told that my HCP was "issued" on the 8th and that I should wait 14 business days for the thing. Called back today to see if it was shipped and was told that it was "Mailed" on the 5th??? So I am trying to do the math, but really 15 days to go the 32 miles from Nashville to Murfreesboro.....really???:screwy:

It goes to the print farm a couple days after issuance. There it sits for about 10 days before they print. Then they put it in the mail and once it is actually mailed it takes 2 days or less to get it.

alright. So i called today again after nothing was in the mail....Spoke to a very nice lady (cant for the life of me remember her name). Looked up my status with SSN (not DL and told me that my HCP was indeed issued on the 8th (like i was originaly told back in the day) and that it was "mailed" from the printer on the 21st.....yay for record keeping (insert sarcasm here)....

Keep in mind that "mailed" is statespeak for "It was given to the mail guy to take to the post office, once he has a large enough batch to consider it worth his while to make the trip". ;)

P.S. The "mail guy" at my wife's office is the one employee most apt to call out "sick" the most often... especially during deer season.

J.

Keep in mind that "mailed" is statespeak for "It was given to the mail guy to take to the post office, once he has a large enough batch to consider it worth his while to make the trip". ;)

P.S. The "mail guy" at my wife's office is the one employee most apt to call out "sick" the most often... especially during deer season.

J.

I had a lazy arse mail man in oak ridge when I lived there that was constantly losing my mail or not getting his fat arse out of his truck to walk up two flights of stairs to my apartment to deliver packages he was leaving the notes to come pick em up at the post office. I gave the feller three chances. After that I contacted the post master general and the head honcho there in oak ridge. Needless to say we had a new mail carrier the next week. I bet that feller hates me now. He is probably going to go "postal" thus the need for me to carry a strap.

Guest Askgeneral

Got mine today also......is it some standard response....email for status update and get the "14 day wait" reply.

Just glad the wait is over....who's up for wally world!!!