Question on Glock 29

NextExit

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full house 10mm loads in the 29 are going to be pretty wicked. I haven't shot one, but in a G20 they are stout, but it is a good stout if that makes any sense. Along the lines of " It has authority, but doesn't sting your hand or anything". I can imagine in a, well, basically a 26 sized (just thicker) gun they would be nasty. With that said, I say go for it. If I had more money and/or had reload equipment to reload 10mm I'd probably have one right now, perhaps a 20.

edit: also, about holster options: I'd imagine you could use some of the holsters for the G30, if not all of them. The dimensions are identical basically.

Edited by RoDan

I agree. It is the same frame as my G30 AFAIK. Any G30 holster should fit it. It is kind of a scarce weapon though, probably being the reason you don't see it listed in holster fitting lists. With the ammo cost and availability, I prefer the G30 to the 29 JMO. I'm sure it's a badazz handful though. Good luck with your choice.

Thanks all for the info! Stupid me never considered the cost of the ammo. That will be a factor on how much I use it. Never done reloads before... maybe I'll look into that. Guess I'll make the trip to the show in Gray this weekend and do some shopping! Thanks again.

My G29 is my favorite handgun, hands down. Feeding her can be expensive, but if you can catch Georgia Arms at a gunshow, 500-round cans are not TOO bad. As mentioned previously, any G30 holster will also fit a G29, and there are plenty of those out there. For mine, I picked up both an MTAC and a paddle from Comp-Tac.

I've got the 20 and 29 and really like both. (my 29 is the SF version) Both also fit quite nicely in my Crossbreed Supertuck. (the 29 obviously being a bit more concealable)

For ammo to get the most out of the 10mm you really should reload. Having said that I got .40 conversion barrels for both so I can actually practice shooting with the cheaper and more available .40 ammo. (or cheaper still if reloading 40) For REALLY cheap shooting I went ahead and got a .22 conversion kit for the 20. The lighter weight keeps it from being "exactly" the same but the sight picture and trigger are the same.

• 2 years later...
Guest brighac

one of my family members has this gun, and I personally have smaller hands(cause I'm only 5' 7'') and I don't notice a difference between the SF and regular, but basically it is a powerful gun and I love it so much, I am getting one within a month or so as well.

Holy thread resurrection Batman! Since posting in this thread, I have gotten my hands on a 20SF and it has become my favorite pistola. I carry it in an comp-tac mtac, and I get that warm and fuzzy knowing I have 16 rounds of 10mm on my side.