Chattanooga carry in parks

Guest faust921

Guest faust921

The City of Chattanooga ordinance that separates a law abiding HCP holder from his second amendment rights needs to be reversed.

Chattanooga City Council member Jack Benson (District 4) was a driving force behind this ordinance to prohibit HCP holders from carry at city parks.

Chattanooga Police Chief Freeman Cooper lobbied the council to continue the ban and the council passed a resolution a few weeks later.

Benson's claim before the city council that a HCP holder is going to go postal at a little league game is not saying much about those of us in Hamilton county who carry. Benson, a former Hamilton county school system employee, seems to think he knows better than our founding fathers, who placed faith and responsibility squarely upon their countrymen in unambiguous terms..."the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed".

As the next election for Benson and the other antigun ayatollahs is not to happen before 2013 and they are secure in their recent elections, they brazenly wipe their backside with the U.S. Constitution and our right of self defense. More than just a fight in the courts, it needs to be a fight for us and by us. In the long term we need to replace current city council members with those who trust law abiding citizens.

It should be an outrage to every law abiding HCP holder that some octogenarian seems ready to characterize today's HCP holder as a little league murder spree just waiting to happen.

These nine stars of public access cable, these nine big fish in a small bowl political types, these nine mincers of words in tiny paragraphs to put a sidewalk there or a sign over here, these nine crusaders for civic virtue pretend, these nine who voted to declare they don't trust me and they don't trust you.

Well, from my standpoint, I don't trust them either.

So from me to each of you 11,126 permit holders of Hamilton County, Tennessee - It's time to take back our rights.

Edited by faust921
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TnRebel

Print up a bunch of these and start posting them around all the parks in your aria

axivcz.jpg

They only have to stay for just a few , so just print them on reg printer paper and tack them at the ball games near the concession . LOL oh and if they ask you to stop then stop don't push it but soon some of these soccer moms will start to think for themselves.

Guest uofmeet

one of the most awesome signs ever, gonna download that for future use. In memphis, you can't take a gun into a city park, but you can at all the surrounding cities......so i guess once i get my HCP and a gun, no more city parks for me.