NRA Certified Instructor Classes- Jan, ‘08. Become an NRA Certified Instructor

Guest Phantom6

Guest Phantom6

NRA Certified Instructor Classes Available in January, ‘08- Become an NRA Certified Instructor

Since 1871, a major objective of the National Rifle Association has been to provide education and training in the safe and proper use of firearms.

As an NRA Certified Instructor and NRA Training Counselor I am proud to be a part of that legacy. There are 11 different courses in the program being taught throughout the nation by NRA Certified Instructors like myself. We also teach the three-hour FIRST STEPS Orientation Program (rifle, pistol, and shotgun) to introduce new shooters to a particular firearm model.

Shooters- Share Your Knowledge

As an instructor, you can experience the personal satisfaction of teaching others the knowledge, skills and attitudes that will lead to a lifetime of safe, enjoyable and successful involvement in firearm and shooting activities. If you wish to teach other classes such as the Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit course, there is no better way to fast-track your application than to present your NRA Instructor’s credentials to the TN Dept. of Safety.

You can be a vital element in your community by becoming an NRA Certified Instructor and conducting NRA Basic Firearm Training Courses. As firearms and shooting activities expand, and more Americans choose to exercise their right to carry a firearm, so too grows the need for these courses. My goal is to make available the training which leads to instructor certification for as many qualified people as possible so the local shooting fraternity is made safer.

The NRA is looking for new instructor candidates who enjoy working with people, want to share their firearm knowledge and skills with others, and are willing to make a commitment to teach NRA training courses in their own communities.

The types of courses and instructor ratings available through me are:

BASIC PISTOL SHOOTING COURSE

·NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

·NRA Certified Rifle Instructor

·NRA Assistant Pistol Instructor

BASIC RIFLE SHOOTING COURSE

·NRA Assistant Rifle Instructor

·NRA Apprentice Pistol Instructor

·NRA Apprentice Rifle Instructor

PERSONAL PROTECTION COURSE

·NRA Certified Personal Protection Inside The Home Instructor

·NRA Certified Personal Protection Outside The Home Instructor

BASIC SHOTGUN SHOOTING COURSE

·NRA Certified Shotgun Instructor

·NRA Assistant Shotgun Instructor

·NRA Apprentice Shotgun Instructor

HOME FIREARM SAFETY COURSE

·NRA Certified Home Firearm Safety Instructor

RANGE SAFETY OFFICER COURSE

·NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer Instructor

To qualify as an NRA instructor, you must:

• Possess and demonstrate a solid background in firearm safety and shooting skills acquired through previous firearm training (such as completion of an NRA Basic Firearm Training Course) and/or previous shooting experience.
  • Successfully complete the appropriate NRA instructor examination. Certified—90% or higher. Assistant—85% or higher. Apprentice—85% or higher
  • Satisfactorily complete an NRA Instructor Training Course for the area of specialization you wish to teach (e.g., NRA Basic Pistol Course), and receive the endorsement of the NRA Training Counselor conducting your training.
  • Submit your application with appropriate certification fee. Membership in the National Rifle Association is strongly recommended.

Join the NRA Training Team in Tennessee

The next available classes are 4, 5, & 6 January:

4 January- NRA Basic Instructor Course

5 January- NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

6 January- NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

For more information regarding these and other NRA certified instructor courses give me a call at Austin’s Tennessee Firearms School at 865.483.1108 or zap an email to mcrow@firearmsclasses.com

Mike Crow A.K.A. Phantom6

Austin's Tennessee Firearms School

mcrow@firearmsclasses.com

969 Oak Ridge Turnpike #227, Oak Ridge, TN 37830-8832

Guest Phantom6
And you will supply a paying job within your school after I take and pass the requirements. :blush:

Sure Boom. I've got an extra 25 cents. I can pay you what you're worth. :confused::lol:

Actually, we do use certified instructors besides the ones in the family at times depending upon schedules and class sizes. Both our 8 December and 12 January basic pistol/TN Handgun Carry Permit classes will be "team taught."

Guest Boomhower
Sure Boom. I've got an extra 25 cents. I can pay you what you're worth. :koolaid::lol:

Actually, we do use certified instructors besides the ones in the family at times depending upon schedules and class sizes. Both our 8 December and 12 January basic pistol/TN Handgun Carry Permit classes will be "team taught."

but...but...but....All's I wanted was to be part of the Crow family.:D

Guest Phantom6

Oh, Ok. Sign up. Pass the classes and I'll send your paperwork to the NRA with a recommendation that you be certified as an instructor and then I'll put your name up for a family vote. With all qualifications met there is little doubt that you will be certified as an instructor but passing the family vote might be a bit tricky. Keep your fingers crossed and with some luck you could be at the Crow's Nest for Thanksgiving dinner with the rest of the family next year.;):lol: