IAI 380

Guest looneeetunes

Guest looneeetunes

i just bought a iai 380. this is before amt bought out the company. matter of fact right before i suppose, i have matching box and serial numbers and papers, and it has the amt name on the box, but has iai backup on the gun.

my question is anyone had any experience with these critters? this will not be my primary weapon, just an alternative to a 25 cal pocket gun i have, that i take to church, and few very few places i would rather not try to conceal my 45. i think i got a pretty good deal on the gun, and i am asking for feedback on this as well. $150.00 out the door taxes, background everything. i see no signs of this gun being shot, and it may be a couple of weeks before i can take it to the range. looks like it has had alot of box time, it sat in a plastic piece in the box, and it is oil stained yellow. no holster wear of any kind.

this gun is single action, i have read some specs. that say they made them in double and single.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had two AMT Backups in 380 when they first came out. Late 70's early 80's if I remember correctly. I had very poor luck with both of them. Neat idea and size, but both were to unreliable to keep. I even sent them back to AMT for sevice, but they came back just as bad. Sounds like you got a good price and hopefully my experience was isolated and not the norm.

Guest looneeetunes

by the way i purchased this and in the back of my mind, i was thinking i would trade it for one of the amt 45's if i come across one. i think i like the platform of this gun, i will know more about it after i shoot it some. this one will just get by until i find the 45. backup that is not the fullsize hardball (i think its called) so if anyone has a 45 backup they want to relieve themselves of please feel free.:)

Guest looneeetunes

well i ran about 100 thru her. during first 15 or 20, it jammed one in five. well i got to looking at it, the clip on the seam where it had been spot welded had some slag or something on the inside was hanging the third shell down. took a flat file and filed her down, ran the rest flawless. ill try some diffrent rounds thru it and see what happens. but for an occasional pocket gun i believe it will be fine. not used to squeezing five and thats it tho. :rolleyes: