Coppers at the house (long and rambling)

Guest dotsun

Hey guys, I thought you'd be interested in what transpired right in front of my house tonight. Stick with me it's relevant to us. I was working on my server when Cheryl said the Clinton Police have someone pulled over in front of the house. I look outside and say cool they're finally doing some patrols in the neighborhood instead of driving back and forth on the main roads to write speeding tickets.

I promptly go back to the server and turn on the scanner. Some time later I here something that catches my attention on said scanner:

Dispatch: HCP comes back valid.

A few minutes later they run a check on the gun serial # and it checks out clean.

Officer: Is it registered? (?!?)

Dispatch: Um, we don't have access to registration databases. (duh)

Wifey has been giving me the play by play as she snoops out the window and after I hear this exchange I also join in the watch. So the cops proceed to search dudes truck several times (including with a canine), finally coming out of his truck box with a board that resembles a paddle (which the police confiscate). They also have ACSO send a female officer out to search the women that are with dude. After probably 3 hours and 5 cop cars in front of my house they release the women and haul the guy off to jail.

Now, I have no idea what he was charged with, but I suspect it was for the paddle as they put it in the car with the perp. I'd love to know what the charges exactly were, as he wasn't drunk and since he had a permit and it was valid I doubt he had outstanding warrants.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower

Neato....You should have done like all the other snooper's and go sit on your front porch, or walk out and stand by your fence. After all, your still on your property. :bowrofl:

Yeah I'm sure they would have appreciated another armed citizen on the scene. If I'd only had one of those CCW badges, I'm sure they woulda been cool with it. :shrug:

Yeah I'm sure they would have appreciated another armed citizen on the scene. If I'd only had one of those CCW badges, I'm sure they woulda been cool with it. :shrug:

I need to order one of the badges ASAP!. It's what all the fashionable mall ninjas are wearing this year. :doh:

/just kidding

Guest Phantom6
Yeah I'm sure they would have appreciated another armed citizen on the scene. If I'd only had one of those CCW badges, I'm sure they woulda been cool with it. :doh:

They'd have researched your carry permit status then arrested you for the screw driver you had in your hand as it is over 4" in over-all length and could be considered a deadly weapon.

Officer: Is it registered? (?!?)

Boy, that's typical of small town dumba$$ cop think. He should have asked a supervisor on the scene about that prior to broadcasting on the air that he doesn't know what he's doing. Let's hope that he wasn't the supervisor. Don't get me wrong. There are professional police officers in most every jurisdiction but there are far more incompetents on patrol than what you figure your tax dollars should buy. Apparently when this cop went to the academy they filled his head up with too much information and the part about no registration of firearms in this state spilled out in the over flow. :shrug:

This is the kind of dumb stuff I would expect (because I've seen it first hand) in small under-funded agencies like Morgan Co. SO where they lay the officer off at 11 months and 29 days and then rehire him again after two weeks to restart the clock on the state law that mandates his having to attend TLETA or comparable training within one year of the date of his hiring.

Guest bkelm18
They'd have researched your carry permit status then arrested you for the screw driver you had in your hand as it is over 4" in over-all length and could be considered a deadly weapon.

Boy, that's typical of small town dumba$$ cop think. He should have asked a supervisor on the scene about that prior to broadcasting on the air that he doesn't know what he's doing. Let's hope that he wasn't the supervisor. Don't get me wrong. There are professional police officers in most every jurisdiction but there are far more incompetents on patrol than what you figure your tax dollars should buy. Apparently when this cop went to the academy they filled his head up with too much information and the part about no registration of firearms in this state spilled out in the over flow. :shrug:

This is the kind of dumb stuff I would expect (because I've seen it first hand) in small under-funded agencies like Morgan Co. SO where they lay the officer off at 11 months and 29 days and then rehire him again after two weeks to restart the clock on the state law that mandates his having to attend TLETA or comparable training within one year of the date of his hiring.

Maybe he meant is it registered as being stolen? :doh:

I just hope all the commotion was started because they found drugs or something on the guy and not because he had a permit and they decided to harass him for it. It was quite a circus for several hours out there. :shrug:

strickj may remember this story. about 2 years ago, there was a guy who ran a small independant root beer stand. it sold hotdogs, ice cream, hamburgers, etc. the man running it was in his late 40's to early 50's. what got him in trouble was he had nothing but teenage girls working there. one of them got in trouble, and he spanked her bare naked ass and took pictures of it all red. seems that he made each of the girls sign a piece of paper saying if they messed up and got in trouble, he could spank them and take pictures. the FBI tore him apart. not sure what happened with him, but i do know he went straight to jail without passing go.

Guest bkelm18
I read somewhere that you did not have to register your gun...

is this true?

TN has no gun registry and if I'm not mistaken, it's illegal in TN to mandate a gun registry. I might be thinking of another state though so don't quote me on that one.

Guest Engloid

There's a reason I don't live in Clinton anymore. With THP, Clinton City Police, and Anderson County Sheriff...all having offices in that little town...along with the courthouse...

It's like 45 hungry pigs (pardon the pun), all trying to eat out of one 5 gallon bucket. There's simply not enough crime in that town, so they all go around trying to start trouble and search cars. They love nothing more than searches, because they love to confiscate cars. They have even asked me to search my car when I was pulled over for tinted windows. Of course, if they ask, my answer is always no.

Guest canynracer
TN has no gun registry and if I'm not mistaken, it's illegal in TN to mandate a gun registry. I might be thinking of another state though so don't quote me on that one.

I didnt think so...just wondering why the cop would even ask such a question...

Guest Boomhower
I didnt think so...just wondering why the cop would even ask such a question...

I think that was the main reason for Dotsun posting this thread.....The ignorant question of this particular cop.

strickj may remember this story. about 2 years ago, there was a guy who ran a small independant root beer stand. it sold hotdogs, ice cream, hamburgers, etc. the man running it was in his late 40's to early 50's. what got him in trouble was he had nothing but teenage girls working there. one of them got in trouble, and he spanked her bare naked ass and took pictures of it all red. seems that he made each of the girls sign a piece of paper saying if they messed up and got in trouble, he could spank them and take pictures. the FBI tore him apart. not sure what happened with him, but i do know he went straight to jail without passing go.

i remember that!I supported him on spanking employes(the ones of age anyway)if every place did that service with a smile would be a real thing!:D

Guest CrazyLincoln

Yeah, the pigeon forge police had no problem coming up with "probable cause" to search us. Of course they found nothing, but hey, they wasted an hour of my life.:2cents: