Minotaur MTAC vs. Minotaur Spartan

Guest Boomhower

Guest Boomhower

I'm back in search of another holster and wanted to see if any of you have experiaence between these two. I know a few of you have the MTAC, so let's hear it. The only differences are $20 and;

MTAC - Has a leather piece on the reverse side

G19%20Minotaur%20New%20Clips.jpgMinotaur%20Inside.jpg

Spartan - Has no leather on the reverse side. The Spartan is very much like the Cross Breed holster's.

Spartan%20Marble.jpgSpartan%20Backside%20Marble.jpg

I guess my biggest question is, will the leather backing on the MTAC provide that much more comfort over the Spartan? Surely there couldn't be that much difference.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking at those screw post and thinking, "Ouch". If it is a daily or long term carry rig, I'm poning up the extra $20. Or you could get a Dakota Defender from K&D leather for $10 bucks less and have a truly comfortable, handmade rig.

Here's mine

IMG_1442.jpg

Guest Boomhower
I'm looking at those screw post and thinking, "Ouch". If it is a daily or long term carry rig, I'm poning up the extra $20. Or you could get a Dakota Defender from K&D leather for $10 bucks less and have a truly comfortable, handmade rig.

Here's mine

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=54352

I know, but I'm still trying to decide between leather and kydex. If I go with leather, it will be one of the defenders, but this thread is to narrow down my decision of which kydex holster by (hopefully) personal experience with either of the two. I am also keeping my eyes on the waiting periods.

Guest clutepc

I haven't tried a lot of IWB holsters but It would be hard to get me to use something other than my MTAC. I have been very pleased with how it feels and conceals.

The new one with exposed back just looks like it could hurt over time.

Guest utarch00

I have an MTAC for my M&P9 and a Crossbreed for my PM9. Lets just say that I can carry my fullsize all day better than I can carry my pocket pistol. The padding is definitely worth it. The backing adds to the thickness, but is much more comfortable.

nsnate02 - Unless with in the last month Crossbreed has added a backing, I do not think they are doing it. At least the one I bought right before Christmas does not have one.

Guest I_AM_WOOD

Got my mtac yesterday and man is this thing comfortable, i took it out of the box put it on sat i my recliner and couldn't feel my glock, had on all day to day and felt nothing great deal and great service.

I have worn both. Jace has the Spartan for a 1911, I have the MTAC. In short, No comparison. The MTAC feels much better on the hip. It also gave a more secure feeling when walking. The Spartan felt like it moved around no matter how tight I pulled my belt. The MTAC took a while to mold to my hip, but now it's like a glove.

I have the MTAC and also a Crossbreed Supertuck - which the Comp-Tac finally copied in the Spartan. The MTAC allows for interchanging shells for different guns. It has kydex or other material in between the two pieces of leather to allow for different shells. It makes the MTAC too thick & stiff in my opinion. I prefer the Crossbreed - or in this case, maybe the Spartan

Guest Glockster27

I have a MTAC for my G27, both of which I wear daily for at least 10 hours a day.:eek: The MTAC is extremely comfortable with no problem sitting, standing, bending, running and so on. The best holster that I own. To me the extra $20 is worth every penny.:P

I have heard that a lot of people that have the Spartan put moleskin on the back to cover the screws.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the NOOB :koolaid: question BUT... Where do you wear this holster? In the small of your back or on your side?

Most folks wear them in the 5-5:30 position, but it is really a Personal preference. I tend to wear my IWB at 3 o'clock. BTW 12 being center fron and 6 being middle back.