Walther P22 (22LR) . Who has had problems with this gun?

perstare

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TGO 101008

This message is in reply to the latest three messages(LA_357SIG, sigmtnman, crossfire) I’ve seen. I was unable to get to my computer for a while.

Yes, I agree that “modern polymers are hardly ‘just plastic.’” I noticed that comment myself. Of course, the chemistry behind the plastics custom-chemically made for specific use is beyond me. I do have a lot of respect for the Glocks that I own. I did appreciate LA_357SIG’s specific comments on the ammo used. I think your 11-year old son is getting all the right training! (BTW, during our last visit to Montgom County Shooting Range, my wife and I saw a father/son pair firing away. The little boy was doing just fine!)

As far as the video was concerned, I didn’t notice the specific errors that he made regarding functional parts on the Walthers P22. I’m glad that at least two other people DID, and told me in their posts. If the fellow had a hidden agenda and was subjectively critical, that is OK. He can say his worst, because experts are reviewing his statements. Fortunately, I have some experienced fellows on this board who pointed out his errors. Basically, a subjective statement has its values, if you ask the right questions. For example, if you want to know all the bad things about Fords, don’t ask the Ford guy, ask the Chevy Guy… he will tell you what’s wrong with Fords. (BTW, I’ve owned Ford Products and GM products… they were all excellent!!) (Never owned a Chevy, but I did own two Pontiacs and two Oldsmobiles – all good cars.)

Sorry to wander…

Sigmtnman…. I downloaded the P22 Bible and printed SOME of the pages, now in a looseleaf. For the most part, I’ll probably limit myself to simple “field stripping,” and go no further. I know when not to mess around. I haven't touched the P22 yet for any cleaning. No time.

Crossfire – I can’t argue your point regarding the PK380 as a nice match up with the P22. I hope that my wife can find a 9mm that she can handle (recoil, slide, etc…). My son uses 9mm on the job… nice to have Mom have same caliber. If I fail to find a possible 9mm for her, (slide too stiff, recoil too strong…) then I will definitely go to 380. For the time being, I have ordered a supply of high-quality 9 mm ammo, hoping that when my wife and I get together with some guys that own 9 mms for a planned shoot near here, she can shoot some 9 mm guns then. I don’t want to buy until I am reasonably convinced of her fondness for a 9 mm handgun.

Thank you all.

Edited by perstare
typos fixed edited for clarity