Dispelling the myth of Government creating anything

Guest 6.8 AR

This article demonstrates what government can and can not

do, as far as creating. I really like his last sentence:"Grab your wallet".

The reason I bothered posting this thread is because there appears

to be a group of people, even on here, that seem to think government

is the answer to everything, when, in fact, government is the entire

problem. When you have a government employee that produces exactly

nothing, and call it a job created, all you have done is create welfare,

with an especially high price tag.

American Thinker: Three Things Government Cannot Do

Obama's stimulus created exactly nothing by borrowing around a trillion

dollars and spreading it around to his friends. I imagine anyone who will

try to come up with a 'good' thing he did with that money, now wasted,

I can show you how it would have been better to not have done any of

it, at all.

We need to reign in our government, fast.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You make a good point but most americans are followers and look to others to make the first step, ok now who wants to go first?

I agree we do need to (rein )in our goverment, so were do i sighn up for that

Personally I believe it starts at a local level, then state, then federal. If we can get enough cities being responsible, then we can have those cities get the state to act responsibly, then enough states (2/3 of 50 or 34) can force the Fed Gov to act responsibly.
Guest Sgt. Joe

I just wonder if we will ever see the common man's common sense ever prevail in our Govt again as it did in the beginning.

Early voting Polls are open folks.....Lets go throw the bums out!

Guest mustangdave

Oh man....how dare you...the GOV'T is GOOD...the Gov't is GREAT....we love the gov't.....blah blah blah....LMAO....will work...for the Gov't...sarcasm alert!!!!

You make a good point but most americans are followers and look to others to make the first step, ok now who wants to go first?

I agree we do need to (rein )in our goverment, so were do i sighn up for that

It starts at the polls. You either keep track of what your elected officials are doing and vote them the first chance you get, or you live with what they give you. I'm voting for the former.

The problem I see with the polls is that far too often, you're stuck choosing between the lesser of two or more evils... which still leaves you with evil.

The real solution is to have a better class of people to choose from. Unfortunately, the system is set up to prevent that from happening, mostly by playing on the stupidity and self-centeredness of the people that vote the scum in. And since you can't get the system changed until you get those better people in there, you're stuck chasing your tail, repeating the same old mistake.

What's the solution to that? The only one I see is to somehow make the citizens/voters smarter, so they can prevent the wrong people from ever getting a start... and I think we all know what the chances of that happening are.

Guest Lester Weevils

The real solution is to have a better class of people to choose from. Unfortunately, the system is set up to prevent that from happening, mostly by playing on the stupidity and self-centeredness of the people that vote the scum in. And since you can't get the system changed until you get those better people in there, you're stuck chasing your tail, repeating the same old mistake.

At the very least, routinely replace the old bums with new bums, so they don't get too stale.

Since the democrat bums are even more likely to mess things up than republican bums, and third party bums are for whatever reason un-electable in the USA, the routine turnover needs to happen with routine culling at the primary level. Encourage primary challenges so new bums can replace the old, without even worse bums getting a chance to screw everything up.

And, the only game in town pushing

for change is the Tea Party. The

body politic will always have a

degree of corruption and it is our job to keep it in check by flushing, occasionally,and remembering to wash our hands afterward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk