Don't Forget - TENNESSE FIREARMS ASSOC (Nashcille Chapter) - Bill Haslam will address

Nashville Chapter is scheduled to meet on MONDAY, October 18, 2010

Formal meeting time is 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 pm

Our guest at this meeting will be Bill Haslam who is running in the race for Governor of the State of Tennessee. The meeting will include an initial span of time where Mr. Haslam can address the group and then we plan to open the floor for questions with an emphasis on those questions pertaining to 2nd Amendment topics.

Arrive early - 5:00 to 5:30 would be good. Eat in the meeting room if possible and if not, get as close as you can. We will try finishing eating by 7:00 in the meeting room to clear out everything but drinks for the meeting if we have a large turnout.

Golden Corral Hermitage

315 Old Lebanon Dirt Rd

Hermitage, TN 37076

(615) 874-1313

IT IS IMPORTANT TO PAY AT GOLDEN CORAL AS YOU COME IN FOR THE MEETING IF YOU ARE EATING. TELL THEM THAT AT THE CASH REGISTER THAT YOU ARE THERE FOR THE MEETING AND TO APPLY THE "GROUP RATE" WHICH INCLUDES YOUR DRINK.

You do not have to be a TFA member to attend nor do you have to be a resident of Nashville. Everyone is welcome and encourage to bring guests - even spouses.

I want to encourage each of you to bring someone with you to the meeting who has not been to one or been to one recently. There's no cost to come (unless you eat because the meal is on you).

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a job and requested Tuesday nights off so that I could attend these meetings. I hate that I had to miss last month and now this month because of the change in schedule to accommodate the two candidates. I would like to encourage everyone to attend this and ALL TFA meetings. They are well worth your time.

See you next month.

I don't know that I'll ever be "excited" about Bill Haslam but I will say that he acquitted himself pretty well last night and while he wasn't my first choice for the nomination, I do think he'll likely do a decent job as governor.

There is no question in my mind that he is a much better choice for the job than his Democrat opponent.

Edited by RobertNashville

True but keep in mind, Bredesen is a pretty typical liberal Democrat and Haslam, while perhaps not as conservative or as fundamental as we might like is not a liberal Democrat.

Only time will tell but should time prove him to be lying about his support of our right to keep AND bear arms (and he did stress the "and" last nigh) what he said last night will certainly come back to haunt him.

• 2 weeks later...