Music City Tactical Shooters - IDPA Match December 4th 2010

MCTS will be hosting a 7 Stage IDPA match this Saturday in Dickson, TN. Setup will be at 7 AM and new shooter orientation at 8:45 AM. Rounds downrange at 9AM.

NEXT MATCH: IDPA Match December 4th, 2010

88 Rounds Minimum Pistol

Click Here for Stage descriptions

Hope to see you there for an exciting day of shooting.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully it will get up to the 54 degrees it says. I hope everyone enjoys the challenges from these stages. Some are compiled from the varous matches that I have attended, others I will use concepts from those experiences and piece them together. It is our objective to challenge every part of your shooting skills. That is how we get better and have fun doing it!! See you all on Saturday. Might have to wear the Pink Snoopy shirt from CK1.

Thanks Kemp. Great to see you have you back at the range. It is a busy time of the year for us all. I appreciate you stepping up to the plate early as it definitely helps in the planning. I will hopefully be a little more organized so that I don't get stressed and have another PMS moment. LOL

Kemp

Have you changed platforms again? You and CK1 are like long lost brothers with your constant weapon swapping.

That's funny, went back to the good ol' G17 again.

(Actually, might need to borrow a holster and a mag saturday if UPS/USPS is too slow this week, sold off most of my G17 stuff when I switched to the CZ a few weeks ago, only to find myself ordering most of the same crap over again... remind me to never do that again.)

It's going to have to be the tactical-tupperware until IDPA approves a CZ Shadow that'll make weight without having to be "de-tuned" by running crappy grips and such to make the 39oz for SSP only to be legal for ESP...

Here may be the answer:CZ 75 SHADOW - but if HQ approves new models as fast as they mail out SO stickers it could be a while...

I will bring you a holster and pouches. I can also bring u my ESP g34 for you to try as well. No more glocks for me.

Thanks Chandler, I'll stick to my 17 though no need to bring the 34 (but thanks anyways).

I love the CZ with the CZCustoms hammer, f**king great trigger, great gun really, but have been kind of conflicted as some of the IDPA rules concerning the Shadow guns are dicey, you have to change some parts and use crappy grips to get them under 39oz to be GTG, and can't run them minus-FPB (which is much better) unless it's a true Shadow (born without one), I don't want to feel like I'm cheating even if the rules concerning them are kind of goofy.

Besides, still carrying a G26 and after shooting the CZ for a month I shot the Glock and could barely hit a damn thing... I like G17's since many times I end up carrying the same gun I'm training and shooting matches with, best to stick to one consistent platform IMO. The CZ SP/Shadow's are a little big and heavy for carry, I'll transition to carrying a smaller/lighter but similar P-01 when IDPA approves the new short-dustcover Shadow and I transition back to that... IMO it's really the best 9mm 1911 ever created (that just happens to not be a 1911).

I'll just need a holster that'll fit a Lg frame Glock and 1 17/34 mag (unless of course Blade-Tech/Glockparts/USPS comes through).

- Chip

Edited by CK1

There are still a few days before the match. Kemp may go through several more guns before he decides to go back to what he has been shooting. I am not even sure what he is shooting now. Just don't let him go to any gun stores and he should be fine.

Guest gw2and4
...if HQ approves new models as fast as they mail out SO stickers it could be a while...

Funny. Sadly true, but still funny.

I'll stick to my 17 though...still carrying a G26 and after shooting the CZ for a month I shot the Glock and could barely hit a damn thing... I like G17's since many times I end up carrying the same gun I'm training and shooting matches with, best to stick to one consistent platform IMO. - Chip

Right on. I had this same thing happen, but not to the same extent since I was shooting a stock 34. When I went back to my 23 (which is my primary carry option) and my 27, I wasn't shooting nearly as well on follow-up shots as I did when I shot nothing but .40 at matches. So for me, it drove home the point of practicing with what you carry. I'm not sure, but I think that was the whole point of the sport...

I fell into the trap of "let me game and improve my times/hits here at the range" by getting a 34 and loading low-pressure ammo. And while I rationalized it'd be similar to my 23, 22 or 27 because it was still a Glock frame and Glock trigger in my hands--it ain't. Even with factory ammo in the stock 34, it's a whole different animal than 180-grain Gold Dots in a 23 or a 27. So I think I'll be shooting the next couple matches with a 23 and some hot ammo to keep things crisp with my carry gear...

Guest gw2and4
Glenn

A little while back I ran a couple of matches with my G23 and honestly under match pressure I didn't really feel enough of a difference in recoil to bother me.

This is exactly why I want to try it. Hopefully to get similar results that during an adrenaline surge that it won't really be an issue. Gotta come to that conclusion the old-fashioned way though, and actually do it. Then I'll have peace to pursue the path to the Dark Side of gaming it. LOL

Sent from my iPhone 4

There are still a few days before the match. Kemp may go through several more guns before he decides to go back to what he has been shooting. I am not even sure what he is shooting now. Just don't let him go to any gun stores and he should be fine.

I say let him go to the stores.......I get a lot of free stuff when he is done. HK45 USP, Glock 17, and Glock 21 SF is his current platform.

Don,

When are you going to get better after the surgery?

Only a 30% chance of rain according to NOAA for the match so hope it's a good turnout (if you're anything like me with kids and such, this might be last one before holiday-craziness gets into top gear).

P.S. haven't heard back from Chandler just yet, but JIC he forgets, if anyone's got a Glock 17 holster I could use I'd appreciate it, resisted the urge to overpay for a crummy one while I wait for Blade-Tech to ship my order (that I placed weeks ago).

You guys are killing me, I get bored easy, guns to me are like women are to some guys, you want to touch and play with them all, LOL

I hope to see you back in action soon Don, Shooting without having to chase you for 1st place is becoming a drag.

I'll call you sometime Monday in the pm.