Pictures of thin bluing on a Metro Arms pistol for those who asked, 56k beware

Here are some pictures of an American Classic I purchased a few months back. In the guns defense this is my EDC gun and is carried in a minimalistic holster. I know some areas are normal wear areas but I included them because the bluing seemed to be thining more than other 1911's I have had. None of the thinning has resulted in any rust or corrosion.

The beavertail is not the factory beavertail. It is a stainless Ed Brown that I painted to better match the gun. It has been painted for a few months now and hasn't even offered to wear despite it being Krylon. The Krylon was a temp fix until I got the whole gun coated.

The pistol is going to be finished in Brownells Gunkote as soon as I make up my mind what color I want. As with everything I do, I want it to outside of the norm. I have used it in the past for several guns as well as individual parts and really like it. I holds up extremely well as long as prep is done correctly which takes longer than actaully coating. It will be getting a lot of custom work done at the same time.

If you have any other questions about this gun or would like other pictures feel free to ask. I have a lot of detailed pictures from the day I bought it as well.

Dolomite

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

wIMG_0601.jpg

wIMG_0600.jpg

wIMG_0595.jpg

wIMG_0594.jpg

wIMG_0592.jpg

wIMG_0591.jpg

wIMG_0589.jpg

wIMG_0587.jpg

wIMG_0583.jpg

wIMG_0582.jpg

wIMG_0605.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also waiting on the hard-chrome model of the Commander to become available. According to the importer, they are expecting them to become available in mid-December.

Though I may instead wait until late-Jan/early Feb which is when their new officer-sized model, the Amigo, is expected to arrive.