Well picked up a railed 229 today and thinking about selling my gen 2 p229 need input

mr.ak47

Hey well I picked up a railed version of my edc gen 2 sig p229 and was thinking about selling it, It's had less then 300 rounds put through it, I've had the breech face and feed ramp professional polished out,and I have all the original paper work box and what not with it, and 2 12 round mags and a blackhawk holster with it with the belt and clip on attachments and With that said I was wondering what would be a fair price on it, Just let me know thanks alex

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Blue Book of gun values, a base model P229 without night sights should retail for around $625 in 95% condition. You add $74 if it has night sights. As far as the extra work and holster, some peole will pay extra for that, some won't. Of course, the blue book is just a guide.

It has night sights on it and it's it 98% percent or better shape I just got done looking it over and there isn't a nick or scratch on it, and the spring still has can't remember the name of it but the blue grease looking stuff they put on it factory still has some on about 4 rows

Every person has different experience, but in my limited experience, people will not pay the 98% blue book price for a gun unless the gun has never been shot (other than the rounds fired through it at the factory). Everyone is different though.

Fair price is around 650$

Expect to only get 500-600$

At 650 i might consider selling it lower then that and well it will probably become my night stand gun or my back up carry gun,Because i know the price I gave for it a little over a year ago NIB and I know that it's only been feed premium ammo and has been cleaned more then it has been shot lol But thank you all for your input