Southern Ohio Guns 44 Mosin Carbine - $50 for Parts Gun

Found the ad last week on their website and decided to take a gamble and added hand pick. Ad says comes with bolt and barrel, missing small parts. Got home this evening and found mine waiting for me. Bolt is not matching, missing the front sight and trigger spring. Still have lots of grease to remove.

m441.jpg?t=1296573033

m443.jpg?t=1296573033

m445.jpg?t=1296573033

m447.jpg?t=1296573033

Edited by pegasusrider
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mr_b8908

Thanks for the info, I just got done ordering one. Depending on how it checks out I may order a few more come Friday. Would you happen to have any pics?

thanks for the pics.... looks like a nice war time stock! I hope I get a good stock on the one I ordered

It's a 1945 model. I'm off tomorrow and planning on cleaning the rest of the grease out of it. I found the best price on my missing parts at mosinmatt.com. Going to have to put a 91/30 front sight on it, can't find a M44 sight. I've got to get the headspace checked before I can shoot it. Anyone in Tri-Cities area have a field gauge?

Thanks for the info, I just got done ordering one. Depending on how it checks out I may order a few more come Friday. Would you happen to have any pics?

Did you ever get yours in? Mine was full of thick grease that was stubborn to remove. I've gotten my other parts in and repaired my trigger (weak/bent trigger spring) and have the new front sight installed. My field gauge should be arriving any day and I look forward to shooting it this weekend if it passes.

Guest mr_b8908

I got two in from them. One wasnt that bad as far as cosmoline goes, but the other I have given up on! One is pitted below the woodline, and both are missing the front sights and trigger spring/ bolt stop. Both have less than 10% finish and are non refurbished which is a plus IMHO. One is matching and the other is all matching but the bolt. All in all I am happy with my purchase. Now just to track down some parts!