NWTF conference

Guest GunTroll

Guest GunTroll

Anyone going? Ever been?

I've never been but my MIL is the USFS southwest region liaison with the NWTF and I have tickets to all events because of her. Thought I'd check it out and hob nob I guess.

Tiff is gonna be there Whiskey.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone going? Ever been?

I've never been but my MIL is the USFS southwest region liaison with the NWTF and I have tickets to all events because of her. Thought I'd check it out and hob nob I guess.

Tiff is gonna be there Whiskey.

Yessssss!

I am going to do my best to be down there on Saturday. I checked the website this morning to see when the puppies were going to be available for photo opportunities.

I went for the first time today.

Sensory overload!!

You walk into the conference hall and the sights and sounds are almost overwhelming. I am going to give turkey hunting a try for the first time this year and walked out with a ton of knowledge and cool gear.

It is not just turkey hunting. Many, many outfitters from all over the US and world were there.

Yes, Tiffany was there. There were way more women in line to meet her than men!

Lots of stuff for kids in the back hall. Check out their art exhibit.

Got to see the poached deer mounts from Ft Campbell. So sad.

Remember, military gets in free!!

Guest GunTroll

I was over whelmed too. I'm not one for large crowds. Never have been. Also all the call makers/vendors all making hen noises at the same time was a bit much. I'm not sure how anyone could tell if the call they were trying out sounded good at all with all the other back ground noise. Lots of gear and gadgets. Dolled up redneck chicks and camo was abundant . Like some folks just came out of the woods after a few Toms. Over all I liked it. Maybe I'll go on a weekday next year.

Oh yeah I did see some hunting celebrities. All of the Primos crew, Harold Knight, Wadel and crew, Drury Bros, etc. Some of those guys seem real nice...and shorter in person too.

Haven't heard from Whiskey yet....maybe he now lives in Iowa???

The Game Wardens presentation was cool too! I honestly don't get excited over "chicks or hens" I can't have. Wash their makeup off and they all rival those Yotes "101" been a shooting! I have turkeys on my property, I don't hunt them and wish coyotes would kill every dadgum one of them. They pester me so bad when I'm deer hunting sometimes!

The Game Wardens presentation was cool too! I honestly don't get excited over "chicks or hens" I can't have. Wash their makeup off and they all rival those Yotes "101" been a shooting! I have turkeys on my property, I don't hunt them and wish coyotes would kill every dadgum one of them. They pester me so bad when I'm deer hunting sometimes!

Don't worry. Help is here. You and I are going to set up a blind tall enough to hide our comfortable chairs, then we are going to make a thermos of coffee and a couple sausage biscuits, then I am going to call you up a bird so you can shoot his face off. All the while you are sitting in a comfy chair, sipping hot coffee. Now does turkey hunting sound so bad? We don't even have to get up early if you don't want to. 9am is as good as 6am, unless you just love listening to them gobblers.

Sounds like a plan. I've killed a few with bow from my stand, but this spring "gobble gobble, yelp yelp, ckuck and purrr" stuff is way too complicated. I don't think turkeys taste that good any ways. I seen 4 yesterday. One confirmed Tom as he was strutting his A** of in front of some babes. Came real close to chasing them off the property on the 4 wheeler. They're almost as destructive to a food plot as a feral hog!