2ND Annual Spring Cruise & (clay) Pigeon Shoot - APRIL 23, 2011

The Second Annual Spring Cruise

and (clay) Pigeon Shoot!

Sponsored by the Middle Tennessee Z Club

with much appreciated help from the

Montgomery Shooting Complex!

CARS, FOOD, FRIENDS & SHOTGUNS; Enough Said!

Calling all certified car nuts who also love things that go bang - we are doing it again this year (weather permitting of course); not only is it back by popular demand but I didn't win best shooter of the day last year and I need another chance. :)

I'm ready for spring and I'll bet you are too - this is a perfect excuse to get your baby out of the garage and your other baby out of the safe and have some fun with both (yes, this is being put together by the Middle Tennessee Z Club; representing all generations of the Datsun/Nissan Z sports car, but if you love cars and driving and enjoy the camaraderie of some friendly competitive shooting this is an event you’ll enjoy).

Whether you are an experienced clay target shooter or have never shot a shotgun and whether you are a guy or a gal, you can have a lot of fun at this event – no one needs to feel “left out†and there will be some basic instruction for those who are totally new to the world of clay pigeon shooting.

Of course, you can bring your own shotgun but for those who need it, appropriate shotguns will be available for loan; ammunition and other items available for sale.

WHEN: Saturday, April 23, 2010

WHERE: Montgomery County Shooting Complex

TIME/SCHEDULE: We'll meet sometime around 9AM - meeting location and definite time will be posted soon. We'll meet somewhere on the NW side of Nashville to travel some incredible (fun) back roads to the complex and we should be done by mid-afternoon(around 3PM).

Trophies will be awarded for “Best Shooter†of the day. "Runner Up Best Shooter" of the day and a special award for for “Least Threatening to Clay Pigeons†(all based on hit/miss count).

COSTS: (these are approximate and subject to change)

• Range fee: $5.50
  • Fee per Round of American Skeet: $5.00 (we’ll likely get in three rounds)
  • Ammunition: You’ll need one box of 25 rounds per round of skeet; they sell on site for $7.00/box or, of course, you can bring your own.
  • Gun Rental: NO CHARGE! The complex is COMPING our gun rental (usually $20/gun) for those who need one.

Assuming three rounds of skeet total cost will be approximately $42.00

PLEASE RSVP!

We must have a headcount so the complex can properly prepare for us (and there is a maximum number of shooters that the complex can handle) so please RSVP with your name and telephone number to Bob Armentrout either by email at RBArmentrout1954@hotmail.com or by PM here.

WEATHER:

Hopefully, we'll have a perfect spring day but should the weather not cooperate we will cancel (another reason why to RSVP so the we can update you with any late changes!).

Check back here for more updates as they become available and please feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks!

For background see the MTZC Forum thread: Spring Cruise and Pigeon Shoot

Or the MTZC facebook event's page: facebook Event Invitation

*** CELL PHONES FOR SOLDIERS ***

We will be collecting your old cell phones to donate to Cell Phones For Soldiers - follow the link to learn more about this incredible group and a very easy way to support our men and women serving our country.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another "weekend bump" :lol:

I'm heading up there on Saturday to drive and finalize our cruise route and, since I'll be there anyway, I'm doing to do a bit of shooting as well! :)

In case anyone wants to head up the way shoot me a PM and let me know and maybe we can meet up (I'll probably be arriving around 2PM or so)

Saturday was an absolutely perfect day for a drive up to the shooting complex (plus I took advantage of being there so fire off a hundred rounds through my SCAR!).

Here is the planned route along with some other info:

For Breakfast:

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store (just off I40)

6941 Charlotte Pike

Nashville, TN 37209

There are a couple of other restaurants around including a Waffle House across the street just a few yards from the actual starting point for our cruise to the shooting complex. If you want to eat breakfast, I’d suggest being there no later than 08:30AM. Plan to be at our start point by 9:45AM so that we can leave promptly at 10:00AM. To negate making a left hand turn out of the Cracker Barrel parking lot (Charlotte Pike is a very busy street), our meeting place will actually be a short side street immediately across the street.

Starting Point to Montgomery County Shooting Complex:

ODOM / Instruction/Description

00.0 Turn RIGHT onto Charlotte Pike

00.3 At the stop light/intersection, bear RIGHT onto River Road

01.7 Bear slight RIGHT onto River Road Pike (TN 251)

16.7 At stop, turn LEFT onto TN 49

24.0 Turn RIGHT only Old Lock Road (top of the hill)

27.8 Bear LEFT

28.2 Bear LEFT

29.0 BUFFALO ALERT (on your right)

29.6 Turn RIGHT onto County Road 389

30.4 Turn RIGHT to continue on County Road 389 (becomes Chapel Hill Road)

37.4 Turn RIGHT onto Southside Road

39.0 Turn RIGHT in MTSC

Finally; here are few pics to give you an idea of the route!

th_008.jpg

th_007.jpg

th_005.jpg

th_002.jpg

th_009.jpg

th_010.jpg

th_011.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just giving this a little bump, folks...April 23rd is quickly approaching and I'd love to see a couple of TGO folks come out for this! Most of the guys and girls attending are NOT "gun people"...this is one way I try to introduce those who know little or nothing about firearms (except for the usually negative garbage our "news" organizations spoon feed us) a chance to experience first hand one of the positive aspects of firearms with some fun and friendly competition.

If you would like to be a part of that; you are more than welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

The 2nd Annual Spring Cruise and Clay Pigeon Shoot is almost here!

The weather gods seem to have smiled on us once again and it looks like Saturday is going to be a perfect day.

If you have any questions at all; need to clear up any details PLEASE don't be afraid to ask - I'll be checking for PMs here through early tomorrow monring.

For those joining up for breakfast:

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store (just off I-40)

6941 Charlotte Pike

Nashville, TN 37209

If you want to eat breakfast, I’d suggest being there no later than 08:30AM. Plan to be at our start point by 9:45AM so that we can leave promptly at 10:00AM. We'll actually be forming up across the street from the Cracker Barrel.

For those who don't know me, I'll be in a Black 370 NISMO Z.

If you have an FRS/GMRS radio, please bring them...I'll have my two there and it helps keep everyone together!

Finally...don't forget...BRING YOUR OLD, UNUSED CELL PHONES. Cell Phones for Soldiers will turn them into free phone cards given to our deployed military - it's an effortless way to really help our men and women in uniform far from home stay in touch with family and loved ones.

th_003-1.jpg