First 3-Gun match of the year at Green River Gun Club, Bowling Green, KY.

The first 3-Gun match of the year will be held at Green River Gun Club (GRGC), Bowling Green, KY. on Sunday, April 10th. Set-up at noon and the match will start around 1:00pm.

We will be loosely following the provisional IDPA multi-gun rules. IDPA targets and scoring will be followed.

We will have a 3-gun match every second Sunday of the month (with a few exceptions).

For more details go to GRGC's website Green River Gun Club and the IDPA website International Defensive Pistol Association

Stages will be dependent on the weather and have not been posted.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds terrific. I hope I can make it. Can you be a little more specific about where you might differ from the idpa multigun rules? I read through them, and the belt I use is 2 inches wide. There are little things like that I am worried about tripping me up. And a cover garment? thanks!!

John,

Tell us more about the "loosely following the provisional IDPA multi-gun rules"

Does this mean scoring only or most everything in the rule book.

I got hung up on the first page...

Thanks,

Mike

" No “competition only†equipment is permitted in IDPA 3 Gun matches since the main goal is to test the skill and ability of the individual, not equipment or gamesmanship."

Concealment garments will not be required. We are limiting rifle mag capacity to 20 rounds, but you don't have to change mags every 18 rounds. You can drop an empty mag, but must stow any mags with rounds in it. Use cover as in any IDPA match. We won't limit movement, per IDPA.

Leave the race guns and holsters at home.

Other than that we are pretty accommodating and won't sweat the small stuff.

We had a good turn out for the 3-gun match on Sunday.

20 shooters, 5 stages, 87 degrees F and windy. Some new faces and some old friends.

Next 3-gun match will be May 15th instead of our usual 2'nd Sunday of the month ( May 8th). May 8'th is Mother's day!

There will be a "Tactical Rifle" match on Saturday April 23'rd and an IDPA BUG match on Saturday April 30'th. Both of these should be good matches!

The BUG match is great for new shooters and experienced shooters as well.

Refer to the Green River Gun Club website for details.

Green River Gun Club