thinking of trading off my 1911 for.....talk me out of it or into it

ccarrier

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say stick with the metal gun, that's only because I have a v-10 and an xd-45. I would gladly trade the plastic gun in on a metal gun. It's my only plastic gun that I own, but I shoot Glocks at work (and I don't like those either). I love my revolvers and I love the metal semi auto pistols I have too (2x Sigs, beretta, springfield and ruger). Personal choice I guess, I do like the round capacity of the xd-45 but outside that I usually don't shoot it much in comparison to my others.

I second Motasyco. Guess bad wording on my part. The guns I get that I thought I wanted end up with my dad. I don't sell them to him, they just end up with him. I still don't like the plastic guns. Good choice on the idea of keeping it, my dad currently has the v-10 in his collection. I'll have to see if he would rather have an xd instead so I can get it back and he won't be without his bedside gun.

Guest friesepferd

I was considering doing the same thing - trading my kimber ultra aegis for the XDm 3.8" 9mm compact.

My husband convinced me that I should just buy the XD first and see how I like it, than I can either sell my kimber if I really want, or just keep it as a range gun *wink wink*.

So sure enough, now I have both and am so glad thats what I did. You will always regret selling a gun, especially one you like.

Also, especially if you like the 1911 grip angle, go for the XD, not the glock.

I do highly recommend the XDm as well (XDm 3.8" compact if you want a carry gun). They are awesome.