TWRA calender

Guest GunTroll

Guest GunTroll

Anyone else get the calender yet? I like the changes that I see as to open/close dates anyways. When do the regs come out officially?

Anybody else like the changes or dislike them?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love the fact that you dont have to swap back to a bow after hunting with something that goes bang.it allways seem backwards to have a gun season then go back to bow then back to gun.i now can use my smokepole for 2 weeks clean it & bring out the highpower to finish the season.been seeing some bow hunters mad over sharing the woods with turkey hunters for 2 weeks in the fall.doont know if they know squirrel seasons open at that time or not :screwy: .cant please all of the hunters but think twra is pleasing most while taking care of the game

Guest GunTroll

Thats my take as well Mike243.

Not to go off on a rant over weapon seasons, but no one is limiting anyone from hunting with more traditional weapons when center fire rifle season opens. Unlike the other way if you view it like that. I can't go hunting with my center fire rifle during archery, muzzle loader season. I view it as a win!

Thats my take as well Mike243.

Not to go off on a rant over weapon seasons, but no one is limiting anyone from hunting with more traditional weapons when center fire rifle season opens. Unlike the other way if you view it like that. I can't go hunting with my center fire rifle during archery, muzzle loader season. I view it as a win!

I don't like it. I hate wearing orange while bow hunting. I also liked not having gun hunters around during the season. Oh well, I guess it pleases the masses and does make the seasons easier to follow.

Guest GunTroll

I wish they would give us the ability to use thermal optics, night vision, heat seeking projectiles, course correctable in mid-flight ammo (think TOW). Yeah that would be nice. Davy Crockett would be proud.

Modern inline muzzleloaders are a little better than most shotguns shooting slugs, and need to be in the "gun" season. Set a special season aside for sidelock percussion, and us Flint shooters. Many states have it like that. Then when they do that, we can work on a TOW and LAW season. My 200 acres is much to small for TOW though.

Guest GunTroll
Modern inline muzzleloaders are a little better than most shotguns shooting slugs, and need to be in the "gun" season. Set a special season aside for sidelock percussion, and us Flint shooters. Many states have it like that. Then when they do that, we can work on a TOW and LAW season. My 200 acres is much to small for TOW though.

:). You know I'm just joking everyone. I do like to give WD hell from time to time ;) .

Guest Chattanoogan

On July 1st 2011, 150 new laws went into effect, and from one of those laws I gathered that...

Wild hogs have been deleted from the definition of big game and they now have no better standing than a squirrel or a rabbit; licensed hunters can bang away at the wild squealers.

Edited by Chattanoogan

the hog killing laws have became more restrictive to the general hunters.land owners can only allow 10 folks to kill hogs & can not be changed once they are named.have read of no acreage limits to up the #10 .no more dog hunts in some of the wma's.squirrels & rabbits are a small game animals & hogs are listed as a non native in order to be able to bait them & shoot at nite.i dont know how so much missinformation is hitting the net ?.im not sure of a lot myself but a lot has changed & hope that folks get the correct info before blasting a porker & getting a ticket

Possum is a game animal, and has LESS regulations on them than a NON GAME animal (hog)....crazy!!! The state of Tennessee will get their "wake-up call"....just like Texas and Florida......4 million hogs later!

Possum is a game animal, and has LESS regulations on them than a NON GAME animal (hog)....crazy!!! The state of Tennessee will get their "wake-up call"....just like Texas and Florida......4 million hogs later!

Sadly, WD, I fear you're right.

I don't understand why they're leaving so many restrictions on them. Hogs are invasive and destructive and need to be wiped out. Why make it difficult?

We are all in the same boat on this one.

You sir are correct.