Curry Todd tentively Scheduled to Be at Shelby Co TFA meeting

Not sure if the moderators allow plugging other organizations but, Curry Todd, chairman of the newly created taskforce in the Tennessee House to study gun legislation is scheduled to speak at the Shelby County chapter of the TFA.

I know this is short notice but the meeting is held at 7 PM at Range USA. The meeting will be tomorrow night August 18th. Range USA is on Old Whitten Road in Bartlett Tennessee. Old Whitten is off Summer Avenue. If you are going OUT Summer Avenue (away from Memphis), Old Whitten is between Kirby-Whitten and Stage (Hwy 64). Turn right on Old Whitten and Range USA is on the left. You DO NOT have to be a member of TFA to attend. Visitors and guests are more than welcome. If you want to eat before the meeting, Range USA has a restaurant which is pretty good. We often say it is the safest restaurant in Shelby County.

We really need to have a good crowd for this meeting. I notice that Pat said that Curry Todd is tentitive, I just hope he makes it. If anybody has a relationship with Curry, I would ask that you contact him and encourage him to be there.

I attended the West Tennessee Regional Chapter TFA meeting last week in Jackson Tn. House Rep. Andy Holt was there. Andy is an appointee to this task force. Andy was very open and supportive about gun rights. He was quite willing to field questions about the task force but unfortunately he said that at this time, not much had been formalized about it. Hopefully Curry can have more to offer since he is the chairman of that task force.

Please spread the word and let's have a good showing.

Edited by Sky King
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to say I have some new information about the firearms taskforce but I do not. Rep. Todd was not able to attend our meeting. In some ways, that may have been a good thing as the turnout was not very good. I think when we have people such as Curry Todd or other members of legislative bodies come, poor attendance does not tell that person that we are serious.

Guest RichieRich

I think that there are a lot of us, particularly here in the Memphis area, who greatly respect and appreciate all Representative Todd has done. Hopefully he can get invited back...with advance notice so we can mark our calendars!

I think that there are a lot of us, particularly here in the Memphis area, who greatly respect and appreciate all Representative Todd has done. Hopefully he can get invited back...with advance notice so we can mark our calendars!

I agree completely. The request to Rep Todd was pretty short notice. I did suggest at the meeting that evening that we ask him for a future meeting with enough advance notice to give him time to make sure the time is left open on his calendar and we can all mark ours.