[TR]

[TD]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]

[TABLE]

[TR=class: article]

[TD]New Wild Hog Regulations

The theory behind this ill-conceived eradication method is that hunters, in order to provide increased hunting opportunities for themselves, have been translocating and releasing feral swine into the wild. However, the TWRA readily admitted to me, on more than one occasion, that they have only had two instances of such actions in the last 10 years. In other words all the hunters of the state will be punished for the actions of a handful of people.

Isn't this the same backwards logic we fight as gun owners when some say all guns should be outlawed because a few people use them for illegal activities?

What is really confusing to many, myself included, is that up until just a few short years ago the TWRA were themselves trapping wild hogs translocating them and releasing them onto wildlife management areas. That's right, the TWRA was using our money to trap and relocate feral hogs. Now they want to use additional funds and agency resources to trap and kill hogs and their off spring that they were responsible for translocating in the first place!

There are currently two meetings scheduled to discuss these new regulations

1) August 9th, State Rep Cameron Sexton is meeting with hunters at the Palace Theater in Crossville at 5:30 pm, central time. Palace Theater is located at 72 S. Main St. Crossville TN 38555. Exit 317 from I-40 go south about 4 miles the Palace is ob the right.

2) August 12th, TWRA has agreed to meet with hunters at Cumberland Mountain State Park near Crossville at 6:00 pm (central time)

Discuss This Issue on-line

Outdoor Talk - www.outdoors-411.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=13289

What Can Be Done About New Hog Regulations?

Even though the new hog hunting regulations went into full effect August 1st, it's not to late to contact the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Commissioners and respectfully express your displeasure with the new regulations. I suggest both calling and e-mailing ALL of the commissioners below.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: article, width: 100%]

[TABLE]

[TR=bgcolor: #999966]

[TD]Commissioner

[/TD]

[TD=width: 104]Phone

[/TD]

[TD=width: 192]E-mail

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 130]William Brown

[/TD]

[TD=width: 104](423) 785-8253

[/TD]

[TD=width: 192]wbrown@millermartin.com

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=bgcolor: #ffffcc]

[TD=width: 130]Jeffrey H. Griggs

[/TD]

[TD=width: 104](731) 968-6191

[/TD]

[TD=width: 192][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 130]Governor Bill Haslam

[/TD]

[TD=width: 104](615) 741-2001

[/TD]

[TD=width: 192]bill.haslam@tn.gov

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=width: 130]Robert Martineau

[/TD]

[TD=width: 104](615) 532-0106

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 130]Dr. Jeff McMillin

[/TD]

[TD=width: 104](423) 968-1933

[/TD]

[TD=width: 192]jeff.mcmillin@tn.gov

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=width: 130]Julius Johnson

[/TD]

[TD=width: 104](615) 837-5202

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 130]Mitchell S. Parks

[/TD]

[TD=width: 104](615) 876-3046

[/TD]

[TD=width: 192]mitchell.parks@tn.gov

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=width: 130]Julie Schuster

[/TD]

[TD=width: 104][/TD]

[TD=width: 192]julie.schuster@tn.gov

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 130]Todd A. Shelton

[/TD]

[TD=width: 104](423) 639-5183

[/TD]

[TD=width: 192]todd@rlnhc.com

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=width: 130]Danya L. Welch

[/TD]

[TD=width: 104](901) 759-5100

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 130]Eric Wright

[/TD]

[TD=width: 104](423) 474-3357

[/TD]

[TD=width: 192]eric.wright@mapeswire.com

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=width: 130]Jim Bledsoe

[/TD]

[TD=width: 104](931) 265-7201

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 130]Harold Cannon

[/TD]

[TD=width: 104](865) 670-8555

[/TD]

[TD=width: 192]hcannon@cannon-cannon.com

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=width: 130]Trey Teague

[/TD]

[TD=width: 104](731) 693-2900

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 130][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

What Can Be Done In The Long Run?

In my opinion there two things that need to be done to prevent these asinine laws from occurring in the future. 1) we need to inject some new blood into the TWRA and 2) we need to do away with the political appointments that form the majority of the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Commission (TWRC).

1) Current Executive Director Ed Carter and Wildlife Biologist Daryl Ratajczak don't seem to understand that the hunters and fishermen of this great state pay their salaries and they are supposed to be looking out for our best interests. Without us, there would be no TWRA. The TWRA is 100% funded by the sale of hunting and fishing license as well as taxes on related equipment.

The one person who can remove these two from their jobs immediately is Governor Bill Haslam so please give him a call AND drop him an e-mail to let him know we need new leadership at the TWRA.

2)

Governor Bill Haslam, (615) 741-2001, bill.haslam@tn.gov

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 100%][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 100%]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TD=width: 140][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: bluebold, colspan: 2]Outdoors

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 10]arrow-right.gif

[/TD]

[TD=width: 140]Game Wardens

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: textnew, width: 10]arrow-right.gif

[/TD]

[TD=width: 140]Hunting Forum

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD=width: 140]Venison Recipes

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD=width: 140]Hunting & Shooting

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD=width: 140][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: bluebold, colspan: 2]Sponsor Links

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD=width: 140]Outdoors-411

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD=class: whatsthis, width: 140, align: right][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD=class: whatsthis, width: 140, align: right]What's This?

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: bluebold, colspan: 2]Related Links

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD=width: 140]Idaho DFG

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD=width: 140]Deer Guides

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD=width: 140]Idaho Cabins

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD=width: 140][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: bluebold, colspan: 2]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: footer]Copyright © 1999 - 2011 Southeastern Outdoors a Division of Southeastern Computer Services.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A stroke of the Governors pen! I talked to a wildlife officer today, and I guess those meetings got pretty ugly. I don't guess Irate hunters is anyone to fool with. I know I'm hot enough over it. They should have told us this BEFORE the new licenses came out! I would have bought an Alabama tag instead. But I'm hot over this deal! Should of been brought up to the voters of the state since it actualy involves every resident, hunter, fisherman, land owner, farmer, hunt reserve ect., ect.. Let the voters decide and not beer drinking buddies at TWRA. Nuff' said...

A stroke of the Governors pen! I talked to a wildlife officer today, and I guess those meetings got pretty ugly. I don't guess Irate hunters is anyone to fool with. I know I'm hot enough over it. They should have told us this BEFORE the new licenses came out! I would have bought an Alabama tag instead. But I'm hot over this deal! Should of been brought up to the voters of the state since it actualy involves every resident, hunter, fisherman, land owner, farmer, hunt reserve ect., ect.. Let the voters decide and not beer drinking buddies at TWRA. Nuff' said...

I agree I don't understand why we were not told or allowed to vote. I don't hog hunt but I was going to this year.

I love the fact that a several of the Commission does not list email addresses in their contact information. Email info for every other TN government official in the state is easy to find.

How does one get appointed to the Commission ? Are there any published criteria for applying ?

Edited by R_Bert
Guest adamoxtwo
I agree I don't understand why we were not told or allowed to vote. I don't hog hunt but I was going to this year.

I think that members of the Sunbelt program (I think that's what it's called) anyone who has a hunting license should be allowed to vote. Liberal members of this state (mainly Nashville area) and politicians (i know two in the same mostly) shouldn't have a say in that. Use your Hunting license number and Program number as your voting ID. Sounds common sense to me.

Very interesting. How about the WMA's in middle TN....Are we just suppose to sit in our deer stands and watch the little piggies play in the mud and do nothing about it? They're here, I reported them last year to the warden. Don't think he beleived me. Surely he wouldn't think they showed up on one of their precious little duck hunting WMAs like Barkley Unit one and two. Well, I have sad news for them, they're there. Give the hogs a year, there will be plenty to go around! TWRA doesn't have the personel of the funds to eradicate them. OH well.....

Edited by wd-40
Will have to do some digging in order to find a Pro Hunting Writer in the middle Tennessee area. Will put some leads out.

Actually I would settle for a truly fair and in the middle writer.

Also isn't there such a thing as Sunshine laws in this state. Seems like they did this behind closed doors as no one knew about it until they dropped it on us.

I would have went to both of those meeting had I knew about them a head of time. I would have just needed enough time to drive to them.

I really wanted to hunt wild hog this year as I had never done it before.

I love wild hog hunting, and wanted to do it again this year. It's going to be hard sitting in my stand this year and watching the hogs play and not taking one. I wish TWRA and their management areas the best of luck!