My first ar build

jcoosi

I had a stripped upper laying around so I decided to try an ar build.

Stripped bushmasters upper

DPMS t handle and bcg

low profile gas block

yankee hill rails

yankee hill aggressive flash suppressor

spikes tatical stripped lower

dpms lower kit

magpul pistol grip

magpul trigger gaurd

magpul afg2 foregrip

magpul ad butt stock

eotech optics

ar15.jpg

481.jpg

Now it can chill with the others in the safe

478.jpg

480.jpg

479.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest twpayne75
I've been looking into putting a rig together. Any tips on which lower to get? Looks like you went with the DPMS, any feedback good, bad or otherwise? Also does anyone have any good links for specs on a Designated Marksman Rifle package?

I have built several over the years using DPMS lowers. They have always looked good, never had a problem with them being out of spec. Use to use them all the time before everyone started selling their own rollmarked lowers. My advise is to buy whatever you can find at a good price. As long as the lower is in spec and the parts fit correctly, thats all that matters. It's a low stress part.

That is unless you just have a thing for a cat, horses, deer, or whatever. :)

Guest twpayne75
I've been looking into putting a rig together. Any tips on which lower to get? Looks like you went with the DPMS, any feedback good, bad or otherwise? Also does anyone have any good links for specs on a Designated Marksman Rifle package?

One more note. Before 100 companies that sell AR parts popped up, I used to get everything from J&T Distributing. They are in Winchester KY. Very good to deal with. Sell good parts and kits. They use Wilson barrels. Anything I ordered would be on my doorstep in two days. They have very good deals on their kits. I probably built 15 using their kits before I started using Bravo Co. No, they are not as good as BCM or Daniel Defense. But considering what the average AR is fired, they will last the lifetime of many shooters.

I got a spikes tatical cause that is what the gun shop had in the store and had a dpms lower parts kit hanging on the wall.I havent had a chance to fire it but the trigger pull feels like my bushmasters.It all assembled easily to me for not ever having built one before.