Virginia CCW list published

Guest JCE

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DrBoomBoom

Remember when they pulled it here? Last May the Tennessean published an online list that lasted for a few hours until they got flooded with love letters. You can't find a word about it anymore on their database...where's their FOIA? Here's a blog about it:

http://nashvillefiles.com/blog/archives/001448.html\

nj.piney, what's the link to the Maryville paper, I'd like to send them some fan mail?

Guest CrazyLincoln
A state that eagerly puts sex offender data online complete with an interactive map could easily do the same with gun permits, but it does not.

Uhhh... Sex Offender = Convicted criminal.

Permit holder = law abiding citizen

If we're going that route, why don't we list every person registered in the DMV. You never know, they might hit my car, just because they have a driver's license!

Local celebrities generally don't carry, but at least a half dozen elected officials do. I'll leave it to readers to figure out which ones so you can avoid annoying them at meetings.

Can they even carry at meetings? Not to mention, if they got "annoyed" and used the weapon, they wouldn't have a permit afterwards.

Sorry, this dude is an idiot.

The morning that the Tennessean rag published the names of permit holders, I called the rag directly.

They put a low level public relations young lady at the desk to answer the flood of incoming calls. I started the conversation with something to this effect,"I guess you've been getting beat up pretty bad this morning huh? Well I'm not going to do that to you". From that point, I proceeded to explain in rational terms and calm voice the many reasons why it wasn't a good move to make. I could hear a sigh of relief at the other end from the brow beaten young thing.

She actually had the editor herself call me back but unfortunately I missed the call. You can read about the original event here.

http://www.tfaonline.org/memberforum/viewtopic.php?t=1150&highlight=

I feel the key to getting something done in a case like this is a rational approach that gives them a chance to think about the situation in lieu of responding to an angry bunch of people (even though they are right).

Guest nj.piney

dr boom boom,

that was about 6 years ago , they only did it for about a month and decided

they were getting too much adverse mail. the columnist is probably gone by now.