Gen 4 Glock 19 Trigger Job?

MrBrian

I have a generation 4 glock 19 and I'm trying to find a good trigger to put in it... I'm looking for a good/reliable smooth, clean breaking trigger in the 3.5 lbs pull range. I don't mind paying a little extra, as I've learned you get what you pay for with guns. Is it better to get just a connector, or should I go with a complete drop-in kit? And what brand is best to go with???

This gun will be solely used for competition, but I still don't want anything unreliable or unsafe. I'd like to hear from everyone, ESPECIALLY if you have had first hand experience with the GEN 4 Glock 19.... Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I put a regular 3.5 pound Ghost connector and a Wolf spring kit (6 # trigger spring, 4# firing pin spring, and reduced power firing pin safety spring) in mine and did the 25 cent trigger job graycrait mentioned (be REAL careful to only polish the contact points of the parts - the process should not remove any metal).

It made a world of difference in the pull and got rid of almost all of that bendy plastic feel of the original trigger.

I just did the .25 cent trigger job, and it seemed to help about 25 cents worth... It's a tad bit smoother, mainly from cleaning out all the powder residue.... I'm glad I did it because now I know how to completely disassemble/reassemble my glocks :-)

the pro pick trigger kit from LWD is pretty nice, i put it in my g19 gen4 and it is a smooth 3.5 lb pull with little overtravel

if you have an unlimited budget i'd check out glocktriggers.com for a drop in trigger job, i've only heard good things.

Guest bluemarlin

I just did the .25 cent trigger job, and it seemed to help about 25 cents worth... It's a tad bit smoother, mainly from cleaning out all the powder residue.... I'm glad I did it because now I know how to completely disassemble/reassemble my glocks :-)

+1.

These are all the parts that I've installed so far

http://www.glockworx.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=156206&CAT=3688

http://www.glockworx.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=296350&CAT=3692

http://www.glockworx.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=156546&CAT=3690

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00162PRTA/ref=oh_o03_s00_i00_details

And this is what it looks like

silver.jpg

2012-02-13_23-32-40_167.jpg

I highlighted the letters on the slide with silver car model paint, I thought it would help the look of it, with all the new shiny parts :-)

The trigger is smoother and more crisp than the stock, so that will take some getting use to... overall I'm pleased with it so far... now if I can just find an extended mag release for the Gen 4 Glock 19, I'll be in pretty good shape