Inherited some toys today!

Guest durdensfriend

Guest durdensfriend

I went and hung out with my granddad all day today and he ended up giving me a couple of his pistols. I got an RG 14 which is a little .22LR revolver. He said he won it for $5 in a poker game years ago. After doing a little research I found out that the assassination attempt on Reagan was committed with an RG 14. Its a cheap gun and its impractical (you have to unscrew the cylinder bolt everytime you want to load it) but its still kind of cool... not to mention FREE.

Anyway, he also gave me a Beretta 92FS police special. He bought it like 8 years ago and never fired it. It was completely new in box! It was bone dry so I oiled it up tonight and I'll hopefully take it out on Sunday! All in all, I think I scored bigtime!

My granddad also has a Walther PP .32 manufactured between 1943 and 1945. All serials match and it has all the German stamps... oh, and the leather holster. He didn't want to get rid of it just yet but I told him if he ever does he has to sell it to me! I can post some pics of it if you all want to see it. Also, I took some pics of his Luger and P38.

Anyway, here are my two new guns!

DSCN0666.jpg

DSCN0677.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest durdensfriend
Hey great job, you must be a pretty good grandchild. I think he must like you just a tad :P

Yeah, that or I'm the only one old enough to own a gun! :P

Guest durdensfriend
Stay away from that RG, they're a dangerous gun. Put that one away and just keep it for the sentimental value.

Yeah, if its a company I've never heard of I'm not going to shoot it! I probably won't ever shoot this one so don't worry... haha.

Edited by durdensfriend